Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my brand new 2013 JKU Rubicon. I'm sitting at the parking lot waiting to pick up my daughter from school, key in the ignition in the 'accessory' mode so I can listen to the radio, and the dang 'Key In Ingition' chime keeps going off every 1-2 minutes, for about 2-3 seconds. All doors are shut. I could understand if a door is open and the chime acts as a reminder, but while the doors are shut, every minute or so?

Is this normal?? :confused:

·
Registered
153 Posts
My 2010 unlimited had a bad driver door sensor right off the lot. We would take the keys out and the radio would not stop playing at all. Took it to the dealer they replaced it and it was bad . They replaced that one and have had no more problems. I say take it to the dealer and ask . Could not hurt anything .

·
Registered
33 Posts
I thought the seatbelt chime was the one that went off every couple minutes... but if you are stopped it shouldnt go off. Did you try turning it all the way off, key out, then back in... or at least try that next time. Not really an answer, but random ramblings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts