Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Rock Krawler 3.5 X Factor Flex lift kit with Rancho 9000xl shocks from Northridge 4X4. I was wondering if I need an aftermarket steering stabilizer with this kit. My Jeep is a 2013 Rubicon, 4 door, manual 6-speed. I will be running the stock Rubicon 17" wheels with 1.5 spacers and 35" tires. I did a search and the answers were all over the place. Also, does the stabilizer need to be raised/flipped? Thanks. -Todd

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have the RK 3.5 X Factor lift on my '15 JKUR with 37/13.50r18 Toyo MT's and I'm still using the stock SS. I'm happy with how it drives and steers so I haven't felt I needed to change it out. It's also still in the factory position too and the biggest problem with that is how goofy it looks hanging out below the tie rod since it's more visible with the front end up higher. When I install my Synergy drag link and track bar bracket I'll flip the SS so it is less visible.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the fast responses. I will try it with the stock stabilizer for now, and see how it goes.

·
Registered
647 Posts
My steering was flighty on my first test drive, caster sitting at ab 2* and all I did was adjust the uca's to get it closer to 4* and I don't have any complaints!!

·
Registered
970 Posts
i have a 1.75" BB with 315s and have the Fox ATS....its expensive but really is nice....tightens the steering up nicely and adjustable ....search for the review thread and see the videos the OP put up....makes a huge difference. The wide tires like to wander and track the bumps in the road and the ATS makes it to where you can drive highway speeds with one figure on bumpy roads

1 - 6 of 6 Posts