Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the softop on and can take it all the way down, but not finding much info related to a half-way position - similar to the 'freedom top' panels removal.

Any info?

W.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes, there are two sliding locks above the front doors (in between the top and the roll bar). Slide those toward the front of the jeep (I'm not 100% sure on the direction off the top of my head, but just slide them whichever way they can go). Unhook the clamps, and flip it back. Done.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RFC89747 - odd that I can't get an easy hit on this forum or Youtube with the info.

Thinking I might just add the addition of two velcro straps - to secure the soft-top to the rollbar.

Thanks,

W.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Noreasterguy - in fact that's how I installed the soft top. Even posted a thank-you on his you-tube channel.

He's got 2 or 3 versions of the same job - but I never saw anything past installing the top. Nothing about a half-down position. But I may have missed it.

Thanks,

W.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks RFC89747 - odd that I can't get an easy hit on this forum or Youtube with the info.

Thinking I might just add the addition of two velcro straps - to secure the soft-top to the rollbar.

Thanks,

W.
There are two velcro straps that you can use to wrap around the fold joint for extra security. Mine were in my glove box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts