Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up for everyone...

We had to take our 2013 JKU in to the dealership to have three of the ten hinges repainted. They were bubbling and oxidizing from underneath the paint.

When we originally went in, we had only noticed the defect on the driver's side hood hinge. When the tech from the body shop came out she asked if that was the only one bubbling, because they've had multiple people coming back to have their hinges repainted under warranty. She didn't say if it was limited to a specific year or model though.

Once she said that, we inspected the rest of the hinges and found that one hinge on two different doors was also oxidizing the same way. Thankfully she made that comment and we can get them all fixed at the same time, rather than having to find it on our own later.

She said that Chrysler reimburses them for sandblasting, cleaning, priming, reprinting and clear coating the hinges after repair. Said it would be a couple of days before we could have it back though. Mike is heartbroken, since he just installed his new sound system/backup camera this weekend. :facepalm:

Anyway, thought I would pass this on so people would know to inspect their hinges the next time they detail their jeeps...

·
Registered
462 Posts
sorry to hear about your situation but thank you for the heads up. Did you take pictures by any chance?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know, I didn't even think to take pictures of it. The body shop did last week to send to Chrysler, and it didn't even cross my mind. :facepalm:

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys! :)

One other thing I forgot to mention...

Tech said that it is an ongoing problem. Jeep was probably fine when delivered, and the oxidation just built up over time. So, it is something that needs to be monitored.

At least till 3/36... :surrender:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts