Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 2013 JKU on Saturday, but have not been able to get my phone to work properly with it.

I can stream music, and it plays fine. But when I disconnected the wiring for the hard top, I noticed the quality and volume dropped significantly. As soon as I plugged it back in, the volume and quality returned. Am I not doing something that I should be?

Also, and probably a bigger issue. When I make a call with Uconnect. I can dial though the voice command, but as soon as someone picks up, it says that the call has been completed and it no longer stays in phone mode. My phone will still have the call, and say its connected via blu tooth so I cant pick it up and use it, but the other end can not hear me and I can not hear them.

Anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to get things working properly? I'm using a HTC EVO 3D if that helps.

Thanks,

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
1) On the top sound quality / level. There's a nice thread on a fix in the link below.
How to improve your stereo sound with your hardtop removed

On the phone issue, I'd try to reboot the phone by removing the phone battery for a few minutes, then reinsert it. Try a call to see if this helped.
Does the phone have the most current SW version?
Uconnect doesn't drop the call, the phone has to send a BT message to Uconnect that the call is in progress. If Uconnect doesn't get this message from the phone then Uconnect thinks that the call has ended and give you the notification that you're hearing.

I picked up my 2013 JKU on Saturday, but have not been able to get my phone to work properly with it.

I can stream music, and it plays fine. But when I disconnected the wiring for the hard top, I noticed the quality and volume dropped significantly. As soon as I plugged it back in, the volume and quality returned. Am I not doing something that I should be?

Also, and probably a bigger issue. When I make a call with Uconnect. I can dial though the voice command, but as soon as someone picks up, it says that the call has been completed and it no longer stays in phone mode. My phone will still have the call, and say its connected via blu tooth so I cant pick it up and use it, but the other end can not hear me and I can not hear them.

Anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to get things working properly? I'm using a HTC EVO 3D if that helps.

Thanks,

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) On the top sound quality / level. There's a nice thread on a fix in the link below.
How to improve your stereo sound with your hardtop removed

On the phone issue, I'd try to reboot the phone by removing the phone battery for a few minutes, then reinsert it. Try a call to see if this helped.
Does the phone have the most current SW version?
Uconnect doesn't drop the call, the phone has to send a BT message to Uconnect that the call is in progress. If Uconnect doesn't get this message from the phone then Uconnect thinks that the call has ended and give you the notification that you're hearing.
Thanks! that jumper solution is just what I was looking for. I'll have to read the whole thread in some more depth when I get a chance.

I'll try resetting my phone tonight. I'm running the latest android OS for my phone which i believe is ice cream sandwich

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
Great, let me know how it works out for you. Ok

Thanks! that jumper solution is just what I was looking for. I'll have to read the whole thread in some more depth when I get a chance.

I'll try resetting my phone tonight. I'm running the latest android OS for my phone which i believe is ice cream sandwich

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to get my phone to work if I dial directly from the phone, but if i use the uconnect voice command to dial out, it cuts off once someone picks up the other end. I hear it dial out, but when they pick up the uconnect disconnects still, even though the phone remains active, and is still connected via blu tooth (according to the phone)

Guess I'll have to keep playing with it, and maybe give the uconnect people a call when I get some time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts