Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm searching thru lifts seeing pros and cons of each just wondering what ya lls experiences and recommendations for lifts are thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
There is probably a hundred of these threads just search lift in the search bar. There are so many questions and things you have to consider. Read up for a while since people seem to get pretty tired of repeating themselves every day

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New to this forum I figured there were just wanted to get a consensus on what other people with the 2013s are getting ...

·
Administrator
2020 Jeep Gladiator
42,800 Posts
I have a 2007 JKU that was lifted when I bought it. Near as I can tell it looks like 2.5". It is a cheap lift and I am planning on replacing it entirely, now I have 35's on, and trying to decide on what I want to go for as well.
My research has brought me to the conclusion that another (and better) 2.5" lift would be best for me (leaning toward AEV).
It looks like when you start going above 2.5 is when you have to think about things like replacing drive shafts, relocating exhaust, etc. Those were things I didn't want to have to do.
Everything clears my stock fenders but then I haven't had it off road yet since the new tires were put on last week. If it ends up that I need more clearance, I'll either trim the fenders or replace them with flatties.

Just my $.02 worth.

·
Registered
343 Posts
With so many different choices there is never going to be a consensus on which lift is "best" for any particular Jeep model or year. It all depends on what your intent is. Are you lifting to look better, to have better clearance in mud/sand, to rock crawl? How much lift do you want?

I've been researching for months and am still undecided between a couple kits, I personally like AEV and OME kits. I plan to stay at 2.5" and will go to a 35" tire and may or may not replace the stock Rubi wheels. Many don't like them, but they've grown on me a lot since I took delivery.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Asking which lift is best is like asking what color is the best. You'll never find the answer you're looking for.

You need to determine a budget and a purpose for your lift. From their read up on the various brands you see tossed around here in the forums. Don't just research lift brands, but look at what else beyond the lift you'll be affecting and will need to address. Good luck. :thumb:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Budget is pretty open however I'm not going to do hardcore rock crawling (at least until its older ) but am definitely going to be doing some ruff stuff which is why I bought it. I have had a couple lifted trucks (6 inches) and have had numerous problems between u joints tranny mounts and drive shafts ( not going to even mention the pos rack and pinion setups) I want something good, tuff, and isn't going to say "screw geometry lets just get it higher" . I was thinking aev but their top kit does not include everything and uses brackets (going with 3 inch) I just wanted to see personal experiences. I do like the mopar stage 3 teraflex with the fox shocks kit it seems like they include everything except for steering stab but I can get that on my own. Dealer also stated it wouldn't void warranty ... Thanks for the list of lifts their are a couple on their I did not know of I will look further.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I am new here, but I see that you missed few things with your question.
Main thing is to explain what do you want to do ?
Off road ? Little wheeling ? Lot's of wheeling ? Just for looks ? Just for bigger tires ?
I have 2013 JKUR, and have no plans on doing some serious wheeling. At least - not for now.
I went with 2 inch AEV lift kit, and I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Off road ? Little wheeling ? Lot's of wheeling ? Just for looks ? Just for bigger tires ?
I have 2013 JKUR, and have no plans on doing some serious wheeling. At least - not for now.
Exactly...there is no such thing as "best lift" or we would all have the same one.

Where are you located? Do you have the AEV 2" spacer or the 2.5" kit?

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
LudlowJKUR said:
Budget is pretty open however I'm not going to do hardcore rock crawling (at least until its older ) but am definitely going to be doing some ruff stuff which is why I bought it. I have had a couple lifted trucks (6 inches) and have had numerous problems between u joints tranny mounts and drive shafts ( not going to even mention the pos rack and pinion setups) I want something good, tuff, and isn't going to say "screw geometry lets just get it higher" . I was thinking aev but their top kit does not include everything and uses brackets (going with 3 inch) I just wanted to see personal experiences. I do like the mopar stage 3 teraflex with the fox shocks kit it seems like they include everything except for steering stab but I can get that on my own. Dealer also stated it wouldn't void warranty ... Thanks for the list of lifts their are a couple on their I did not know of I will look further.
Don't get conned into the dealer installed wont void warranty BS.

Overpriced anyways and not always the best way to do things,

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kjeeper10 said:
Don't get conned into the dealer installed wont void warranty BS.

Overpriced anyways and not always the best way to do things,
Will it void warranty? And there kit including shocks are cheaper than the rock krawler 3.5 mid arm without shocks. Do u have a lift?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
109 Rider said:
Sorry I thought I was little clearer... I bought it for its intention. I wanted something that I could drive up a cliff through a river and out a canyon and still make it to work on Monday

·
Registered
347 Posts
Exactly...there is no such thing as "best lift" or we would all have the same one.

Where are you located? Do you have the AEV 2" spacer or the 2.5" kit?
I am in Mundelein.
I got me what they call 2 inch Leveling kit, made by AEV.
I got it at Quadratec, and they gave me free shipping (thanks to this forum).
I am very happy with it.
I work in Bensenville, and originally went to dealer across the street from my office to install it. They wanted 500 bucks plus tax. Larry Roesch is the name, and they will never see me again.
Went to my mechanic in Mundelein, and guy installed it for me for 200 bucks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts