Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a trip to the mountains, everything worked good, I left my 13 wrangler parked on my yard for 2+ months and in the last 2 weeks I have driven it into my garage to work on and out again to leave it parked outside under a roof.
I noticed when I put it in gear it jerked back when putting in R and forward when putting into D gear... but thought not much about it.

2 days ago I wanted to take it into town and on the highway when I wanted it to shift into 2nd gear then 3rd etc it stayed in 1st. I parked, turned it off and on again....same problem.... off again and on, OK now it shifts normal :) yupi...... at the parking light I stopped, sped up when green and no shifting.....I repeat the above process again and it shifted again.

I went home parked it and yesterday when starting it, the motor idled for 2-3 sec and went off, tried to start it again rigth away and it would not run...
I checked the fuses and all are good....
ideas?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would start by checking the battery connections for tight & corrosion.
Then check all the body to engine ground wires you can find.
Make sure they are tight and no corrosion.

Jeeps do very strange things when the grounds are faulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bad key

Turns out, it was a bad key I used to start it with.
I make a copy in WM :pcwhack:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not bad key

Well, it was the duplicate key that I made at WM that prevented the motor from staying running but
the shifting problem was the right-rear speed sensor, the clip broke so it slid out... pushed it back in and glued it and it´s working fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts