Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can someone confirm that the 2013 has the same radio 730 head unit, but the nav in it is shot with garmin??

I've heard rumors, but I haven't seen it???

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
There are 2 different Nav systems.

The 730N is made my Harmon Becker and uses the same Nav as the RER in the older JK. It also has UConnect Bluetooth built in, and does dead reckoning if you lose signal. If you add connectivity package to it, the cost is less because you already have the Bluetooth in the radio, so it only adds the USB in the console, EVIC, and steering wheel controls.

The 430N is made by Mitsubishi and uses Garmin navigation. If you've ever owned or used a Garmin Nuvi, then it's exactly like that. The 430N doesn't have dead reckoning, but it does show your speed on the screen as well as speed limits, and you can use the Garmin POI loader to add stuff to it, neither of which are on the 730N. The 430N does not include Bluetooth, so you have to add connectivity if you want that. Connectivity for the 430N is more, because it gives you everything it does on the 730N, as well as add Bluetooth and voice control. It is worth noting you can't voice control the nav on the 430N, only the 730N.

As for costs, when I ordered mine, the 430N was $1015, connectivity for it was $485. The 730N was $1800, connectivity was $160.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the 430 is shot with garmin.. I was wondering if the 2013 730 is now also shot with garmin??

Cheers

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
No, 730N is not Garmin, only 430N is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts