Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my new '13 JK about a month and a half ago and ever since I bought it, it has been making a bad squeaking noise right before it comes to complete stop and when I let off. It doesn't squeak on initial application but just at final stop.

Is this normal for a jeep? Shouldn't be with today's technology. All brakes should stop quiet and well especially when they are brand new 2013.

I tried to drive it thinking it might just new brakes deal where they just needed to broken in but apparently that's not the case.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Take it back to the dealer and make sure the brake pads are properly installed. Ask them to go all around the vehicle. If not, it could lead to a damaged rotor and severely decreased stopping ability.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My front brakes squeaked when new on my both of my 2013 Wranglers. I did not worry about it and the noise went away after several hundred miles of normal use.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just don't get why it would be ok when all other new vehicles I have bought have never had this problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts