Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just retruned from the dealer where I took a 2013 Rubicon for a ride, very nice. I just had a few questions that I didn't ask the dealer.

1) Is there any way to get power seats?
2) Why is Leather not a common option?
3) Does anyone have pics of the BLACK/DARK SADDLE INTERIOR?

Thanks,
MJK

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
(1) i'm sure there's a way to get it done from the aftermarket. No option on stock wranglers.
(2) rugged off-road vehicle and leather don't go hand in hand. leave the top off and sit down on leather and you'll find another reason.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
#1 Grand Cherokee...yes. Wrangler....no
#2 It is fairly common on the Sahara's and some Rubi's....but leather is expensife, is hot in the sun, and really does not like to be rained on.
#3 Pics were already posted in thread.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thansk for all the feedback. I'm kind of suprised no power seats. My no frills Ridgeline has power seats, I guess I can live without.

The brown looks real nice, just not sure if it's worth the extra $1k. I plan on spending the summer with the top down so I could see the leatehr being real hot.

Thanks,
MJK

·
Registered
69 Posts
Typically if you want leather you have to customer order the Jeep which can take a few months, but it's well worth it to get what you want.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Why would anyone want leather and power seats in a wrangler? The less electronic features the better in a wrangler.
I say why wouldn't someone want it? That's the beauty of buying a vehicle, you can get what you want :)

Thus, i'm getting a Jeep with Leather. I had zero intentions of getting leather until test driving one and the wife said "these are nice". I didn't care either way.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Our first JK we ordered because our thought was "it's a Jeep and we don't want all those fancy things on it". It was a 2012 JK Rubicon with an auto and hardtop, that was it. We added front and rear bumpers, flat fenders, winch and and some other goodies. But it was totaled.
We couldn't wait three months to order another one so we looked and looked for another Rubicon finally found some 1k miles away but they were all loaded.
We are now the proud owners of a 2013 power everything, leather heated seated, remote starting, Sunridered soft topped, Unonnected 430N Jeep JK Rubicon and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Why would anyone want leather and power seats in a wrangler? The less electronic features the better in a wrangler.
Because people value different things in their vehicle and will use it differently than you might?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I can see why power seats wouldn't be offered on a Wrangler. If your interior got wet leaving the top down or you failed at a water crossing, it would be 1 more expensive item to be killed by water. If you need power seats you should be looking at the Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the heated seats, it's a real plus to start the day with heated buns on on a cold morning in the northeast. The leather does look nice, so I may go that route.

MJK

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just don't like how you have to get this option in order to get this option etc. I ordered my JK a month ago. A/C, hard top, manual and Uconnect. Seeing how I will be changing out the head unit, Uconnect may have been a waste--well I get the leather steering wheel. I plan on doing a million mods so I did not want to waste money on upgrades that will be gone in a short time i.e 24B package with the wheels....

Anyway, after market leather is really nice. I was in a Jeep dealership and saw a Dodge truck that had it. The leather was far superior than I have ever seen in any manufacturers cars and the dealership was charging $1100. Which means, if you found the shop yourself you are looking at $600.

Personally, to me power seats only matter if you have two drivers sharing a car. My wife's Juke I will drive often and it is a pain adjusting the seat (she's a midget--not really). Power seats were not available on that car at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts