Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded my 2008 Unlimited for a 2013 2-door. I love the 2013, and even think I'm going to like it better than the 2008, but there are a few quirks.

The main thing that annoys me is that it seems to hesitate when I hit the gas when the engine is cold in the morning. It doesn't matter if it's 70° out or 40°, As I pull out and go down my street it seems to choke on the gas until I let off -- no matter how easy I try to take it.

I thought I was OK with this; but this morning I was pulling onto the 45mph main road and it completely bogged down as I hit the accelerator -- not fun when you have traffic heading toward you and you're all but stalled.

This goes away after about a mile or two, but I thought the days of warming up your car went out with the 70s. Anyone else have this issue, or is there something wrong with mine?

The A/C acts oddly too, but that's not as immediate an issue.

I'd be interested in hearing about any quirky behavior you've experienced with your 2013.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
That's not a qirk, something is wrong. Take it in.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I traded my 2008 Unlimited for a 2013 2-door. I love the 2013, and even think I'm going to like it better than the 2008, but there are a few quirks.

The main thing that annoys me is that it seems to hesitate when I hit the gas when the engine is cold in the morning. It doesn't matter if it's 70° out or 40°, As I pull out and go down my street it seems to choke on the gas until I let off -- no matter how easy I try to take it.

I thought I was OK with this; but this morning I was pulling onto the 45mph main road and it completely bogged down as I hit the accelerator -- not fun when you have traffic heading toward you and you're all but stalled.

This goes away after about a mile or two, but I thought the days of warming up your car went out with the 70s. Anyone else have this issue, or is there something wrong with mine?

I'd be interested in hearing about any quirky behavior you've experienced with your 2013.
Sounds like a problem. No such behavior with mine.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
PhilthyTxGirl said:
Today when I gassed it the ac went off...!!!!! Hmmmmm...
That's funny you mentioned that, I pulled out of a driveway and onto a road the other day and the AC and fan completely cut out. It only did it for 2 seconds but it scared me because I was 500 miles from home with my wife and baby in the car.

Hasn't ever done it before but was still unnerving.

·
Registered
542 Posts
There is a thread already on here somewhere that talks about the a/c cutting out for a few seconds....normally happening right after the jeep is started....Haven't checked it out in a while, there may be a solution on it now. It happens on the 12's as well.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I dont know for sure on the Jeep but I do know that the a/c cutting out is supposed to happen on other vehicles. My F150 does this if you mash down on the gas when the a/c is on. It's supposed to do that. It comes back on after a the rmps drop back down. It's just the clutch on the compressor disengaging. If the a/c is cutting out during normal cruising than something is wrong (probably a vacuum leak) but if its under heavy acceleration and then comes back after a couple of seconds that is probably normal.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, thanks for the feedback. I'll have it looked at. Any other quirks you've noticed?

I have the A/C cut off issue as well. My BMW would cut off when you accelerated hard (like when you'd get up to speed on a freeway onramp) so it could give you more power -- but this isn't that. It's always cut out when driving normally. I think this is probably a minor issue, though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I notice my 2012 doesn't respond to the gas pedal very well during the first mile after a cold start. it doesn't miss or stumble but it's kind of sluggish. It goes away within 2 miles so it doesn't bother me very much but I can feel it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
can anyone assist with this - bought a 2013 Unlimited and it wont start! anyone had any experience with this? its now at the dealer - The RRT number is RAPID RESPONSE: 12-066 - 2013 JK INTERMITTENT NO START/CRANK WCM FLASH. Understand the flash is not resolving

·
Registered
26,921 Posts

Mine has done the same thing since new. Not a pronounced stumble but a very slight hesitation. I attributed it to the VVT because it always happens at the same rpms.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I notice my 2012 doesn't respond to the gas pedal very well during the first mile after a cold start. it doesn't miss or stumble but it's kind of sluggish. It goes away within 2 miles so it doesn't bother me very much but I can feel it.
Seems about right. The ECU is probably in warm-up mode.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts