Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sport S with the stock radio with Sirius.

1. I could not care less about Sirius
2. I want to put a different head unit in for blue tooth and to expand the audio (I have a 5 channel amp and JL components that will be going in).

I was looking at some head units on Crutchfield, and I see that it requires a special type of harness for integration (For $70 bucks). Is this correct?
The rep said I may lose some stuff like the chimes and other things if I didn't use it and it's integrated into other things in the vehicle.

I have never run into this swapping out a head unit before. I can understand getting one to keep the steering wheel controls, but this did not sound correct to me.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
You don't have to, you can cut the factory plug off and hardwire the head unit into the vehicle wiring if you want. I wouldn't though. The harness makes it much easier to return the vehicle to stock when you want to sell or trade it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I guess I will suck it up and buy the thing. Now, to get these subs under the seats in tiny mdf boxes....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts