Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been posted several times in different ways, but I have something a little different. I was wondering if any of these speakers would fit and if they would be a good alternative to the usual Polk or Infinity replacement 6.5/6.75" speakers. I have a 2013 JKU Rubicon with the Alpine factory stereo 'upgrade' with the factory sub enclosure.

Hifonics HS65CX 6.5″ 6-1/2″ 60 Watt Car Audio 2-Way Coaxial Speakers HS 65CX (for the overhead sound bar)
Hifonics HS6.2C 6.5" 70 Watt 2 Way Car Speakers (for the front dash components)
OR...
CDT AUDIO HD-6EX.2 PRO 6.5" 2-WAY (for the sound bar)
CDT Audio CL 61BE.2 6.5" 2-way BASS ENHANCED Component Speakers 2 Ohm (for the dash components)
AND...

something like this for the rear factory sub enclosure...
Helix E8W Esprit 300 W Max 8" Dual 2-Ohm Voice Coils Shallow-mount Car Subwoofer
OR...
MB Quart DS1-204 400 Watt 8 Inch Shallow Slim Sub DVC 4 Ohm Car Subwoofer
OR...
Rockford Fosgate P3SD4-8 DVC 4-Ohm 8" Shallow Mount Car Subwoofer 300W

I will add an amp or two with the appropriate speaker level outputs to power these. Great amp options have been discussed in other posts to do pretty much what I am trying to do. I do NOT want to build a new sub enclosure, and I do NOT want a new head unit. I know the best stereo would be to replace everything, but I do not want to do that right now for several reasons. I have had luck with these brands in the past with very custom systems in two of my other older cars, and I was wondering if these would do OK in a mild system in my Jeep (that would sound much better than stock of course). Would any of the above listed options be a good choice to replace my factory speakers?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I would suggest adding an amp and replace the sub. It will make the biggest improvement in sound quality. I purchased a used Alpine PDX-5 (5channel) and ran just a Polk db840 sub off it until I replaced the 6.5's. It sounded so good and I almost stopped there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to replace ALL of the speakers, including the sub, and add an amp. I was just looking for a different route other than the Polks or Infinity's that everyone goes with.

Oh yeah, and does the sub have to be a 'shallow' sub, or will most 8" subs work as long as the magnet isn't too big, and as long as it only needs a small box?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I do go with the Polks, has anyone done the Polk subwoofer with the Polk 6.5 components? Anyone try a Polk amp too?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts