Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all-
I have a 2013 jeep wrangler with 80,000 miles. I am dealing with sludge which requires the heating core and other parts of the engine to be replaced. Star case s1207000008. I am out of warranty. I am given the option to flush the radiator or replace everything for about $3500. The tech mentioned that they have a special flush and it is possible I might have to come back and have it flushed again. Everything and everyone that I have talked to says that flushing does not help. I have been researching, looking to see if Chrysler is obligated to pay for the repair since it is a manufacturing problem but have not found anything. Has anyone dealt with this problem? Did you have to pay out of pocket?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
7,044 Posts
First, welcome aboard.

We recently traded in our 2013 JK but we had the heater core replaced in 2018. $3,500 sounds a bit too high. We had a MaxCare lifetime extended warranty and all it cost me was a $100 ded. The service advisor said it would have been around $2,200 for everything, including a rental vehicle for 8 days. They replaced heater core, radiator, oil filter adapter, oil filter cooler housing, thermostat, radiator cap. Flush and fill with 10-yr OAT.

I have heard that if you switch the heater core hoses so it flows backwards people have sometimes said that works.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
47,305 Posts
Hey all-
I have a 2013 jeep wrangler with 80,000 miles. I am dealing with sludge which requires the heating core and other parts of the engine to be replaced. Star case s1207000008. I am out of warranty. I am given the option to flush the radiator or replace everything for about $3500. The tech mentioned that they have a special flush and it is possible I might have to come back and have it flushed again. Everything and everyone that I have talked to says that flushing does not help. I have been researching, looking to see if Chrysler is obligated to pay for the repair since it is a manufacturing problem but have not found anything. Has anyone dealt with this problem? Did you have to pay out of pocket?

Thank you
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts