Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of trying to purchase my first Jeep. I did a little research on another forum and read that I could build one on the USAA website and get a good price. Well I did that and got $34690 for the options below.

2013 Sahara Unlimited
Auto
Hardtop
cloth
heated seats
auto air condition
connectivity
uconnect 430N
3.73's

Then I found the build sheet with Invoice and MSRP pricing on here and built the same one. If my calculations are right, I got $31,915. If I walk into a dealership with this build sheet, what are the chances of them getting close to that price? The sheet doesn't look very legit.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0ysDLCX7zsnTDBvOXZrVEVKSEU/preview?pli=1

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about joining Treadlightly but I'm a little skeptical about the 1% under invoice thing. How would you be sure you are truly getting 1% under invoice? Sure the dealer can show you the invoice but dealers have multiple invoices.

·
Registered
806 Posts
here are the price on options
from TrueCar.Com
xxx = retail (xxx = invoice)

Sahara 31,295 (29,559)
Automatic 1125 (1001)
Hard Top 895 (797)
Cloth Seats = no charge
Heated Seats 250 (223)
Auto Air Cond. 155 (138)
Connectivity 570 (507)
430N 1035 (921)
3.73 Gearing 195 (174)
Destination Charge 995 (995)

Rob ......

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I thought about joining Treadlightly but I'm a little skeptical about the 1% under invoice thing. How would you be sure you are truly getting 1% under invoice? Sure the dealer can show you the invoice but dealers have multiple invoices.
Before you join tread lightly, check with your employer first. You may already be an affiliate rewards member.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f127/affiliate-rewards-elligible-companies-165015.html

And yes, Tread Lightly is legit. It is one of many groups that are part of the Affiliate Rewards program.

Read through the info already provided....the dealer MUST show you the invoice price and cannot charge you more than 1% below invoice for the vehicle.

Also, Chrysler rebates the dealer 2% of invioce when you use the program....so walking into a dealership with your Tread Lightly membership and asking for 2-3% below invoice is pretty much childs play. You can negoatiate more if you want.

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
I'm in the process of trying to purchase my first Jeep. I did a little research on another forum and read that I could build one on the USAA website and get a good price. Well I did that and got $34690 for the options below.

2013 Sahara Unlimited
Auto
Hardtop
cloth
heated seats
auto air condition
connectivity
uconnect 430N
3.73's

Then I found the build sheet with Invoice and MSRP pricing on here and built the same one. If my calculations are right, I got $31,915. If I walk into a dealership with this build sheet, what are the chances of them getting close to that price? The sheet doesn't look very legit.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0ysDLCX7zsnTDBvOXZrVEVKSEU/preview?pli=1
I paid that for everything on your list except the auto climate control and 3.73s with leather, and a 730n.

·
Registered
208 Posts

ITs legit, there are lots of examples of true dealer invoices you can look at on this site.. the one the dealer shows you should look identical.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The spreadsheet is legit and it's a great tool. I used it to buy my JKU earlier this month. Started with the Tread Lightly program and negotiated from there. Best of luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts