Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's with the packages for speakers. Just my thoughts but my 2008 JKUR sounded amazing considering it was stock. My new 2013 JKUR sounds drowned out and kind of flat even when messing with the eq.

Basically wondering if anyone else thinks this?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Standard or Alpine? Standard sucks ass. I replaced mine with aftermarket. The Alpine should sound pretty good, 100x better than the sucky standard at least.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
j0nx said:
Standard or Alpine? Standard sucks ass. I replaced mine with aftermarket. The Alpine should sound pretty good, 100x better than the sucky standard at least.
Rubicons only come with the alpine. Sounds good but when comparing it to my infinity that came stock with my 2008 was a lot better .

·
Registered
179 Posts
Rubicons only come with the alpine. Sounds good but when comparing it to my infinity that came stock with my 2008 was a lot better .
Totally disagree. What is the source? The satellite sounds flat but streaming from iphone or android it sounds great.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Compared to the old TJ sound systems, the new stuff rocks.

However, my '04 F150 had the Audiophile option. The system in my Arctic pales in comparison, the Audiophile system was pretty awesome.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Interesting thread. So, in 2013, does a USB plug compatible with an iPhone available? And if yes, what radio option do you have to tick to get it?

My wife's cheap Hyundai got that feature on the base radio and I really dig this. In 2012, this feature should be available on all radio, it's so basic and was quite surprised to see this on the cheap Hyundai.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Interesting thread. So, in 2013, does a USB plug compatible with an iPhone available? And if yes, what radio option do you have to tick to get it?

My wife's cheap Hyundai got that feature on the base radio and I really dig this. In 2012, this feature should be available on all radio, it's so basic and was quite surprised to see this on the cheap Hyundai.
the connectivity group, I haven't used the USB though, just the bluetooth, but it is compatible as reported by other posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Agree completely. Our '07 JKUR with the 6 disc was impressive. Our '12 with the 430N sounds like crap. Extremely muddy and no treble compared to the '07.

Both have the 368w infinity setup.

We checked out a '13 with the new 430n and Alpine setup. Sounds as bad as our '12.

I will admit the newer sub design with the 12v outlet does produce more bass than earlier models.

Regardless, our 430N is getting traded in with the '12 and we'll go aftermarket on our '13.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
BenoA said:

I have to 2012 JKU with connect package. I bluetooth my iphone and USB connect my ipod. Works great except for the TERRIBLE speakers. I have a better speaker sub system in my office. Upgrade is in my future for the JK just haven't decided which way to go.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I have a 2013 with the stock 130 radio and the alpine speakers and I don't have any problems with the sound system.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had all the radio systems offered in wranglers from 98TJ to all most recent years of JK the 12-13 is not impressive to bad you all who have only had 12-13 never experienced the impressive infinity system. It was just better!

·
Registered
892 Posts
I've had all the radio systems offered in wranglers from 98TJ to all most recent years of JK the 12-13 is not impressive to bad you all who have only had 12-13 never experienced the impressive infinity system. It was just better!
I have a 12 with the Infinity. It is good for a factory system and a Jeep but certainly not the best sound system I have ever heard.

·
Registered
793 Posts
F&$K the new Alpine system.....The Infinity was better.
We had a 2010 and a 2011 Rubi and they sounded much better.
Both of our 2013's, Rubi's one is a 2 and the other is a 4 door are 20% plus not as good as our Infinity's were.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have a 2012 Rubi and it *had* the Infinity speakers in it.

Ripped them out and put in the Kickers in the front and sound bar, and put a Kicker amp and new subwoofer in. Sounds a million times better.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a 12 JKU with the Infinity and sub woofer that sounds great. Better them my old BMW and much better then my wifes 12 BMW 328

·
Registered
66 Posts
Had an '07 Charger with the base 4 speaker sound system before my '12 JKR and the Charger blows this thing out of the water. It sucks and I know I'm disappointed with it.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts