Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting a 4" suspension lift next week and I want 33's with my stock 18" rims.... Yes/no or what wheel size y'all recommend? Just want good stance and look not wheeling, its my daily driver and farm hunting.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Are you prepared to buy new driveshafts? Ad 33s are way to small get a 2"-2.5" lift 33s only look good under that size lift. Read up a lot more on this forum before pulling the trigger your mind will change trust me. Don't bite off more than you know what is going to happen or will ever need.

·
Registered
137 Posts
can you tell me exactly what wheels tires lift size etc you have on your jeep (pappyglide) and will this work well with my 2012 JKS 3:21 ratio?

Update: Right now i have nothing my jeep is bone stock...what do i need to make it exactly like yours!

·
Registered
63 Posts
can you tell me exactly what wheels tires lift size etc you have on your jeep (pappyglide) and will this work well with my 2012 JKS 3:21 ratio?

Update: Right now i have nothing my jeep is bone stock...what do i need to make it exactly like yours!
Wheels: MB TKO 15x8 $104 each
Tires: 33/12.5-15 Falken rocky mt. AT $165 each
Lift: Teraflex leveling kit $130
Wheels and tires from Discounttiredirect. Mount and bal. for free and free shipping. Also got the AEV procal to calibrate the speedo for the tire size$150 bucks.
Yeah the combo should work well with your gears lots of guys on here are happy with similar set ups. Myself I'm glad I ordered the 3.73 gears.

·
Registered
137 Posts
yeah i wish i had the 3.73 gears but i diddnt know about that when i was ordering my jeep and made a naieve decision...so you dont have a lift?

·
Registered
63 Posts
yeah i wish i had the 3.73 gears but i diddnt know about that when i was ordering my jeep and made a naieve decision...so you dont have a lift?
Well I call it a lift some dont. It's a leveling kit with 2" spacers you put on top of the stock front springs and 1" spacer for the rear springs. It lifts and levels out the body rake so it sets more level.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Do the spacers/ leveling kit do any harm to the jeep if you go offroad or even daily driving? Ive heard mixed reviews on them....but i really like the way they look and its waay cheaper in the middle time before i get a lift...

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
branch55 said:
Do the spacers/ leveling kit do any harm to the jeep if you go offroad or even daily driving? Ive heard mixed reviews on them....but i really like the way they look and its waay cheaper in the middle time before i get a lift...
No not really. If you are running heavy bumpers or carrying a lot of load, the factory spring could sag and cause rubbing. Especially with bigger tires.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well I do plan on getting a bumper but I'm goin with the same tire size as you have and. I could always replace the springs too. I'm jut makin sure it won't mess anything up. I think I'm going to do it!

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
branch55 said:
Well I do plan on getting a bumper but I'm goin with the same tire size as you have and. I could always replace the springs too. I'm jut makin sure it won't mess anything up. I think I'm going to do it!
Go for it. You can always swap springs later. Just make sure you increase the bumpstop length with 35's

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Keep it low 2" lift some 35's and some trimmed fenders will give you a really good look on a 2 door. You will need some 1.5" wheel spacers for the factory wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here ya go! I was looking to get the Mall Crawler all jacked up as well. Ended up Running a puck kit for now. 2" up front. 1" out back. (Lvl Kit) Stuck with the 18"s. 9"wide with 5" BS. Wrapped her up with 33"x12.50 Toyo Mt's.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts