Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be getting my new 2013 JKUR in a couple of weeks. The stock tires that come with it are BFG T/A KM's. I'm wondering how these BFG's are on packed snow and ice, they are probably great in deep snow because of the lugs. Anyone have experience with them. I live near Lake Tahoe CA, so I see all kinds of winter conditions.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I should be getting my new 2013 JKUR in a couple of weeks. The stock tires that come with it are BFG T/A KM's. I'm wondering how these BFG's are on packed snow and ice, they are probably great in deep snow because of the lugs. Anyone have experience with them. I live near Lake Tahoe CA, so I see all kinds of winter conditions.

Good in deep snow, but not great on packed snow or ice.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/how-are-rubicons-on-ice-packed-snow-192524.html

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Winter Tires

Thanks for the input. Sounds like I should be getting dedicated winter tires like blizzaks. I just wish the dealer would offer a credit on the tires to apply to something else. Now I'm stuck with 5 brand new tires I can't use and will have a problem selling them this time of year. I'm planning on going to 35's on new rims with a 2 1/2" lift next summer..

·
The Bad Guy
23,248 Posts
You won't have any problem selling them. You should be able to get $800 to $1000 for the set.

·
Registered
545 Posts
A lot of dealers will do a tire swap for some additional $$. We swapped the crappy A/T tires on our X for the KM's - dealer charged us $500 for the full set of 5.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts