Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! New to the forum here and also new to the wrangler community. I just recently purchased a 2013 Sahara Unlimited and absolutely love the Jeep. I have a general question about the water fording capabilities of my stock Sahara. With hurricane Sandy making its way up the coast I just want to have a general idea of what is a realistic depth the truck could handle. I have zero intention about driving unnecessarily in this storm but I do need to get to work tomorrow and just want to have an idea in case I get caught in a situation where I had to cross some water. I appreciate any feedback and look forward to learning a ton about the capabilities of my Jeep. Thanks again! :punk:

·
Commercial Member
560 Posts
dont go deeper then the top of the tires. the axle breather are just above the top of the tires. if you have to go into water make sure you enter the water slowly then speed up if necessary. you dont want water splashing up into the air intake.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
There was a pretty amazing video of someone fording a flooded area in Virginia in a stock Jeep. The water was at or slightly above the hood on this video. I'm not saying it's advisable, but it was neat to see.

Anyone know where that video went? I searched some time back and came up empty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts