Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2dr manual 2013 JK I seem to have a problem at low speed, letting the clutch out seems like its not getting gas. Stutters really bad for a second and then its fine. Also if your in low speed/low RPM in 4th gear and give it a burst of gas it will stutter for a second. Last night as I was pulling out of a parking lot and crossing traffic it stalled blocking oncoming traffic. It would turn over no problem just not start it sounded like it was out of gas (it had a full tank). After a few minutes it started up ran fine the rest of the way home. No fault codes are showing. My father in law is mechanic he can't find anything wrong with it. However it did stutter with him driving at low RPM he seems to think its something to do with an injector but still no fault codes.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
bad gas?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Perhaps you need a new clutch? or the clutch fins are tired and the clutch isn't catching on... do you have any leaks from ur master slave?

Have you changed ur spark plugs with in the 4 years of the jeeps life

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I was hoping bad gas but this issue has been going on for month or so few full tanks of gas
try the crank shaft position sensor. There is a thread about it a page or 2 back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps you need a new clutch? or the clutch fins are tired and the clutch isn't catching on... do you have any leaks from ur master slave?

Have you changed ur spark plugs with in the 4 years of the jeeps life
No leaks, drivers side coil packs were changed 5000 miles ago. One went bad so I changed all 3 on the driver side since they are such a pain to get to.

My thought was the clutch but I have the same stutter driving in under 2k RPM and give it gas not sure how the clutch would affect that.

·
Registered
183 Posts
is this jeep stock? or are you running bigger tires? if ur running bigger tires with hi gears then u will get the shudder from the engine.

I wouldn't say its the clutch as you said when u tried to start it, it would turn over but not fire up.

its a pain but I would say take a look at the spark plugs and see what one is black if there is any or if they all look the same

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is this jeep stock? or are you running bigger tires? if ur running bigger tires with hi gears then u will get the shudder from the engine.

I wouldn't say its the clutch as you said when u tried to start it, it would turn over but not fire up.

its a pain but I would say take a look at the spark plugs and see what one is black if there is any or if they all look the same
I'll check out the plugs and see. It's stock jeep. I think it's the clutch myself

·
Registered
219 Posts
Are you giving it throttle when you go from stop to start? Perhaps you should move through the engagement point a little slower.

Did you just get the Jeep? The electronic throttle can be a little bit of a learning curve. You can actually press the pedal a little with absolutely no change to throttle input. There is also a slight delay or lag when pushing the gas that takes some getting used to.

TBH, I had a similar problem in the beginning with mine. What worked for me was pulling the ABS fuse. Traction control was making stop to starts really annoying, and for me 1st > 2nd shifts on occasion. Pushing the TCS button only partially disables TCS. By disabling the ABS pump there is no way for the computer to modulate your brakes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I replaced the crankshaft position sensor and have not had any more issues. Literally took 5 mins to change and cost $13.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts