Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone, this is my first post. I am currently not a Wrangler owner; however, I plan on being one very soon. 10 years ago I owned an 89 Wrangler but because of the long drive to work I had to sell it. I consider myself a jack of all trades but an expert of none :angel:.

Because of this I was looking for some advice on what I should pay for a 2013 Unlimited Wrangler Sport (Commando Green). The Wrangler is an automatic and looks to have some decent options:
Customer Prefered Package ($2,500)
Connectivity Group ($495)
3.73 Rear axle Ratio ($195)
hard top ($995)

The dealer also mentioned that he would throw in the receiver hitch and 7-pin wiring since it had the 3.73 rear ration without the max tow package.

MSRP is $32,300. The dealer orginally went down to their "so-called" invoice of around $31,400 (est), he said he might be able to drop another $1,000.

Because we're so close to the 2014s being available for order I said I would wait. Flash forward two weeks and he calls and says "we need to make a deal".

I told him I wasnt interested and he says how about "$26,000 out the door"? What do you guys think? Is this a good buy? I'm torn now? Having one all summer would be sweet though! :punk:

Its good to meet everyone!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
That's 20% off msrp. That's a great price. Even if it doesn't include tax title and registration I still think its good. Although if it includes tax title and registration, that's better.

If he is trying to add those on try to drop it another 500-800 but if he doesn't I'd still pounce

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here Goes

Alright, thanks everyone for the advice. You gave me the push I needed. :dance: Im pretty excited and I now I will not be getting any sleep tonight!! Christmas has come early!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello to everyone, this is my first post. I am currently not a Wrangler owner; however, I plan on being one very soon. 10 years ago I owned an 89 Wrangler but because of the long drive to work I had to sell it. I consider myself a jack of all trades but an expert of none :angel:.

Because of this I was looking for some advice on what I should pay for a 2013 Unlimited Wrangler Sport (Commando Green). The Wrangler is an automatic and looks to have some decent options:
Customer Prefered Package ($2,500)
Connectivity Group ($495)
3.73 Rear axle Ratio ($195)
hard top ($995)

The dealer also mentioned that he would throw in the receiver hitch and 7-pin wiring since it had the 3.73 rear ration without the max tow package.

MSRP is $32,300. The dealer orginally went down to their "so-called" invoice of around $31,400 (est), he said he might be able to drop another $1,000.

Because we're so close to the 2014s being available for order I said I would wait. Flash forward two weeks and he calls and says "we need to make a deal".

I told him I wasnt interested and he says how about "$26,000 out the door"? What do you guys think? Is this a good buy? I'm torn now? Having one all summer would be sweet though! :punk:

Its good to meet everyone!!!!
Pretty sure I hate you... my build is VERY close to yours, and best I could do was $30K + all the taxes and stuff...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just noticed... that says I have a security alarm... but I'm pretty sure I dont.. Unless they mean the panic alarm on my keychain?

·
Banned
127 Posts
$26k....really? I think that sounds to good to be true. Maybe $26k plus tax, title, etc. But $26k out the door (including tax, title,e tc) just doesn't sound legit. Just curious, what state or dealer are you working with?

I have this funny feeling we'll never hear from "Renegade2013" again....

·
Registered
269 Posts
$26k out the door, with the factory warranty. Go back, buy it, and burn rubber off the lot before they change their minds. Also, I'm taking you with me next time I shop for a Jeep!

·
Registered
61 Posts
$26k....really? I think that sounds to good to be true. Maybe $26k plus tax, title, etc. But $26k out the door (including tax, title,e tc) just doesn't sound legit. Just curious, what state or dealer are you working with?

I have this funny feeling we'll never hear from "Renegade2013" again....
I second that motion.............

·
Registered
45 Posts
wow, makes it sound like i got a good deal then. TT&T i walked out with my base Billet 13 JKU Sport for $25k even. my father in law was the dealer, but i thought i merely got the dealer fees removed, sounds like i got a little more than that!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Take that all day and run! I just did the same thing (exact same package actually). Upgraded from a 2011 Wrangler Sport and ended up paying $26,800 which was about $1500 less than I saw anywhere else. When I was negotiating the dealer actually showed me the price he paid for it (after hold back, not invoice price) and it was $26,544 so they must really like your trade or be desperate to move it since they're actually probably losing money on it unless you qualify for some sort of college grad or military discount. Hope this helps. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought it today! Out the door for 26,250. They are installing the hitch and pins tomorrow. Happy it had the 2.73 gear ratio but I wish it had the ANti-slip differential. Thanks everyone for the advice, I'll post a few photos once I get it. I plan over the next few years to become a contributing member.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts