Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I went to remove my vacuum pump on my 10a and everything was going fairly smooth until I went to pull it off. Apparently the bushing are threaded to the bolts and on the underside is just a smooth elevator bolt. How the F do I get it off?

image-4161666514.jpg

·
Registered
664 Posts
It's been a while since I moved mine but I think I used a set of visegrips and put a prybar underneath to put pressure on the bolt while turning the bushing.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just relocated mine and one(fwd) was a pain in the ass to get off. Alot of WTFs, WD-40, prying and twisting and it finally just slid up.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I had to use pliers and M.I.B.F. (Minimum Intellegence Brute Force)
It was kind of a pain. I bent up one of the washers thats ontop of the rubber bushings, but I was able to mount it to the Maximus-3 mount without too much difficulty.
Note: You may want to add Chaff Protection to your lower AC line where its going to be VERY close to the pump's new location.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had to use pliers and M.I.B.F. (Minimum Intellegence Brute Force) It was kind of a pain. I bent up one of the washers thats ontop of the rubber bushings, but I was able to mount it to the Maximus-3 mount without too much difficulty. Note: You may want to add Chaff Protection to your lower AC line where its going to be VERY close to the pump's new location.
Thanks for the tip. I'm actually mounting it up by the brake booster!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Note: You may want to add Chaff Protection to your lower AC line where its going to be VERY close to the pump's new location.
I used a piece of heater hose around the line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts