Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler with an extended crank but always starts. I have replaced the spark plugs, both cam sensors, oil cooler, performed a crank relearn, tested the battery and replaced both key fob batteries and performed a APP sensor disconnect and clean. The plugs, cam sensors and oil cooler were all needed, the other items were done because of the extended crank. It always starts so I am not concerned but just wondered if anyone else has/had the same issue. Any thoughts, let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks D, but it always starts and don't most fuel issues lead to performance issues? Yes, all OEM parts, avid believer in that for sure. My Jeep runs like a bat out of hell; always starts, no rough idle, never stalls, better gas mileage than expected, actually runs the best it ever has ever run. Just seems like a communication issue since it is intermittent.

·
Registered
2015 JKUR
18 Posts
Maybe try 2 things...

1) spray some starter fluid into the breather right before...does it start instantly? Fuel issue (or fuel injector)

2) try priming first for a few seconds...does it start instantly? Oil pressure issue

And then there is your rings wearing and it takes a few extra cycles to build up enough compression to be able to fire, so a compression test on a cold engine would tell you that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks D, but it always starts and don't most fuel issues lead to performance issues? Yes, all OEM parts, avid believer in that for sure. My Jeep runs like a bat out of hell; always starts, no rough idle, never stalls, better gas mileage than expected, actually runs the best it ever has ever run. Just seems like a communication issue since it is intermittent.

The possible issue is lack of fuel in the rails during startup. There might be enough fuel pressure for the engine to operate, but not enough to start.
Or fuel leaking back into the tank while sitting.

Before starting the engine, prime the engine a few times, ie. Cycle the key on and off a few times (pause in between), see if this solves it.
Also take a look at your fuel trim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts