Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the morning or after the "Jeep" has been parked for a while the blend air door won't work correctly when I select floor mode. Instead of the air blowing out of the floor vents it comes out of the dash vents. The only solution I've found is to select defrost and then come back to floor and it will start working.

Below is a YouTube video showing the problem...

https://youtu.be/R-gXcb9VSMo

I've taken the "Jeep" to the dealer numerous times to get help with the issue but all they do is check for a failure code and since there are none tell me "all is well in the world".

I've searched the internet and can't find any posts on this problem. Has anyone had this problem or have any suggestions?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Only two options that come to mind right away is a bad actuator or something fell into box thru defrost vent a pen a toothpick etc. sure hope it's a bad actuator.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess is it's probably a bad actuator. It's still under warranty... just hard to get the dealership to react.

Once it's working all is good. If I stop for 30 minutes of shopping, it's still good... but if I stop for 4 hours it's goofed up again...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hmm hope it's that simple. If dealer won't do it price the actuator if it's not to bad just try replacing it. I know it sucks cause that's what warranty is all about but ya gotta do what ya gotta do ya know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 2013 started doing that last year around winter time. Dealer replaced HVAC controls under warranty. Everything seemed fine until last week when I used my heater on floor vent. It wants to blow out of the dash vents until I choose defrost, then back to floor, then it all works normally. I tried disconnecting the battery for several hours with no success. I just passed 65,250 miles, so no more warranty.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Well this is dejavu. Mine started acting up a month ago. 2013 JKR with 65,xxx miles. Mine has a twist. I still get all my settings (floor defrost face ect) but my "temperature" blend door is messed up. They are operated on different actuators.

I get a ratcheting clicking noise if I put the heat all the way to hot. One click off max heat, no noise. All the way, click click click click. I am talking about the hot/cold knob, not the fan speed one.

Sounds like your issue is the easier one to fix. Remove glove box and look to the left in the dash cavity. Play with the vent location knob and you will see the actuator moving. That is where your problem lays.

Mine, on the other hand, is crammed up under/behind the HVAC controls... :censored:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts