Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I have a 2013 and up until now I’ve just been using the aux cable. Well the port took a shit. So now I can only use the CD player and the radio. The only steering wheel controls I have were the volume and the station change on the back side. No Bluetooth or anything like that. It does have the alpine system with the subs and amp. To install a new radio and it work, do I have to have the little computer thing that tells it to turn on?

·
Registered
14,315 Posts
Yep as both radio turn on and amp turn on are via can bus encoded message rather than acc wire a digital noc is required

Or could just a different factory radio or even just a faceplate

Also if add uconnect that gets you both Bluetooth and usb input to factory radio

Just remember the wrangler is high speed can bus so radio from low speed will not work

If you get a high speed my gig with nav it will already have uvconnect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
If you get a high speed my gig with nav it will already have uconnect
You were doing so good until this.

A 430N does not have built in UConnect, it's a separate module found behind the HVAC controls. A 730N does have the UConnect module built into the radio.

All NAV radios are capable of UConnect, just not all have it built in.

·
Registered
14,315 Posts
Wrong the non nav my gig do not have built in uconnect and need separate module as well as microphone and dealer update or the expensive genie usb updater

However the nav version of my gig has uconnect built in and only needs added microphone to the 10 pin connector they DO NOT need a uconnect module or dealer update

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I can most definitely tell you that the 430N on a 16 Rubicon Hard Rock has a UConnect module found behind the HVAC controls. The center console USB and the mic both plug into it as well as a connector that is integrated into the 430N's harness.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I will back Cranbiz on this. The 130 is the standard radio, the 430 is the non-nav touch screen radio, and the 430N and 730N are both navigation radios. The 130, 430, and 430N all require a separate u-connect module. The 730N is the only radio that has u-connect built into the head unit.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Go aftermarket radio and use an iDatalink Maestro (with compatible harness) to control your amp and other goodies.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Both units you mention are versions of the 730N. The 430N (RHB) does not have built in unconnect.
And there seem to be many 430N on the market vs 730N.

·
Registered
262 Posts
You’ll need an external microphone if you want to use it to make calls. Also, may require dealer to unlock the radio, since they are coded to the VIN.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts