Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport 3.6.

Just writing to see if I can find some answers.
About a month ago our Jeep started hesitating and stalling whilst in acceleration.
On the advice of a parts store rep I replaced the "B" bank camshaft position sensor and the issue went away for about one week and I thought it was fixed but it started doing the same things but less frequently, so I changed the "A" bank camshaft position sensor as well, the car has been acting out alot less but it's still stuttering now and then, a stutter just as you but the gas from a stop mostly, but will happen other times too at speed.

How important is resetting the computer as a final step in replacing those camshaft position sensors? I've yet to remove the positive terminal from the battery and touch the black end to the red and leave it overnight. Is this an important step? Some have said no while online sources tell me yes, and could this be the cause of my continued sputtering and hesitating issues?

I'm at a loss what to do next? Your feedback is much appreciated!
Regards, Daniel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just have to add.....
Yes it did throw some codes in the beginning for the Bank "B" Camshaft Position Sensor.
But hasn't thrown any codes since do replaced them both the A and B sensor and cleared the codes from memory.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really?
Nobody has input?
How 'bout if I say pretty pwease?

Hehe, thanks.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
unplug the battery for 30 min to reset everything. I would also do the crankshaft position sensor

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced both CPS sensors and the issue still persists.

Everything is fine it seems until the Jeep gets fully up to operating temperature and/or I've shut it off and started it back up a couple times then it gets really nasty, stallion get when taking off from a stop, restarts but the gear/transmission won't engage for about 10 to 12 seconds, then it'll go, then a couple more blocks until I have to stop again and it starts all over.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stalls, not stallion. Typo.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
^^Yes, replace the crank sensor too.