Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I found a dealer close by with a configuration that is nearly identical to what I want:
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4AJWAG2DL546495

I asked him for a quote with my $500 cash allowance bonus, and my Tread Lightly 1% invoice pricing.

The window sticker is $25,440, he said with my discounts my price would be $23,997.00

Out the door with tax and tag transfer: $26,299.00

This is in Florida, so sales tax is 6%

Thoughts?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would confirm invoice price at a site like cars.com.
Tread lightly is 1% BELOW that.
Double check all the fees. You can get nailed with doc fee's in some states.
Tell them to give you "all" the numbers so you can check the math.

It's gonna cost you $60 to join Tread Lightly and there is a $75 admin fee to use it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like there is some hidden fee in there. I asked for a breakdown, wish dealers would be more forthcoming with the info I request. It's not like I'm asking for thousands off.

Now I just have to figure out if I want to wait for Dune =/

·
Registered
143 Posts
Also before buying it, you may want to ask them to switch out the gearing. 3.21 isn't very helpful off roading, but the Sport my wife has with 3.73 keeps up with my Rubi pretty easy. And I agree, looks like they're trying to hide some cost that isn't showing up on their invoice. Just throwing in my two cents on the purchase.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Looks like there is some hidden fee in there. I asked for a breakdown, wish dealers would be more forthcoming with the info I request. It's not like I'm asking for thousands off.

Now I just have to figure out if I want to wait for Dune =/
If they don't want to give you all the numbers then move on. It's your money. Don't try and deal with sales people on the dealer lot. It's their job to try and screw you out of as much money as possible. Find out who the internet sales manager is and work with them. 2 emails and I had the deal closed. Numbers matched what I calculated.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think around $24,000 out the door is a fair price, considering I have the 500 bonus and Tread Lightly for a unit sitting on their lot.

·
Registered
227 Posts
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4AJWAG2DL546495

I asked him for a quote with my $500 cash allowance bonus, and my Tread Lightly 1% invoice pricing.

The window sticker is $25,440, he said with my discounts my price would be $23,997.00

Out the door with tax and tag transfer: $26,299.00

This is in Florida, so sales tax is 6%

Thoughts?
I think around $24,000 out the door is a fair price, considering I have the 500 bonus and Tread Lightly for a unit sitting on their lot.
MSRP: $25,440
Invoice: $24,621
Subtract Treadlightly & $500 rebate: $23,875
add 6% sales tax: $25,308
DMV fees and doc fees: $?

so yeah, $24k OTD would be a great price IMO. Christmas is coming so it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Paveslave said:
Also before buying it, you may want to ask them to switch out the gearing. 3.21 isn't very helpful off roading, but the Sport my wife has with 3.73 keeps up with my Rubi pretty easy. And I agree, looks like they're trying to hide some cost that isn't showing up on their invoice. Just throwing in my two cents on the purchase.
It has 3.73 see sticker

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
It is getting towards late November.
If you are an Affiliate member (Tread Lightly, ect....) you should be starting at 3.5% below invoice and that does not include the $500 discount.

Price it out on Edmunds or Truecar to get you invoice price and go from there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Farnham21 said:
It has 3.73 see sticker
As an available option it has 3.73.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
According to Truecar.com,
the factory invoice is
$24,621

with Tread lightly (1%), then the 500 bonus allowance that would bring it to: $23,877 before tax

$25,309 with tax.

With 3.5% under invoice to start: $23,288 before tax

$24,685 with tax

Ya, I don't think $24,000 offer is that far off for being realistic.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Paveslave said:
As an available option it has 3.73.
What's your point it's on the sticker as an installed option which means the jeep he is buying has 3.73s already installed from the factory

1 - 12 of 12 Posts