Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of looking for a 2013 Jeep Wrangler 2 door or 4 door. I am about to join Tread Lightly and I am curious if the MSRP on a Jeep is 29K, how much off is the 1% below invoice price? Also I know 2014's are rolling in and should there be some more rebates or incentives coming up soon on the 2013's? Thanks for any info, will be trading in my 2006 Chevy Silverado as well.

I am in the Salisbury, MD area if anyone knows a decent dealer in the area.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I am in the process of looking for a 2013 Jeep Wrangler 2 door or 4 door. I am about to join Tread Lightly and I am curious if the MSRP on a Jeep is 29K, how much off is the 1% below invoice price? Also I know 2014's are rolling in and should there be some more rebates or incentives coming up soon on the 2013's? Thanks for any info, will be trading in my 2006 Chevy Silverado as well.

I am in the Salisbury, MD area if anyone knows a decent dealer in the area.
Check Kelly blue book, its free. It will give you some basic pricing stuff. Enough to make you informed when you go in to negotiate.

When I bought my 13 back last December, the dealer told me KBB wasn't accurate, but in the end, we we pretty close to the numbers I found at KBB. I bought at dealer cost and came pretty close on trade value.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I asked Jeep for a brochure but did not get a coupon. Joined tread lightly for 100 and got my info pack in a week or so. If you look a the top of this page you will see the 2014 info thread. In there someplace is the invoice pricing of the 2014s. I am sure there is a thread just like it for 2013.

My dealer told me they never discount Wranglers. They always sell. If they don't want to discount the one you want off the lot I would just order exactly what you want.

stack

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealer told me they never discount Wranglers. They always sell.
Obviously his brother has a shop in Hamburg, Germany. That dealer told me the same crap (maybe to lower my expectations). I didn't negotiate and left the shop.

In the end I got 14% rebate at another store... :D
Sometimes it's smarter simply to go. Other mothers have nice daughters, too.

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
If a dealer told me that I would reply that THEY are not the only Jeep dealer in the country and other dealers DO discount Wranglers.

As far as determining the invoice price, people can go to someplace like cars.com or Edmunds, build a Jeep with the exact same options as the one they're looking at and it will show you what the invoice price is. Then just subtract 1% off that price and there's your Tread Lightly purchase price.

Remember, you have to be a member for 30 days before you can use the Affiliate Rewards program.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts

Apparently they all learn that sales line in Jeep salesmen school..... i've also heard that about a dozen times here in florida.

From what i've read on here via the forum 1% off of the invoice is about $298 dollars off the invoice price of the vehicle. when i calculated it also i came up with about $300 bucks off the invoice.

when you join treadlightly or work for a business thats chrysler affiliated they are REQUIRED to give you 1% off the invoice. if they don't you can report them to chrysler. when they give you 1% off they get 2% back from chrysler for honoring that system.

I've also heard numerous times from these jackasses that " they don't know or never heard of treadlightly" don't be fooled by that either.

all in all i've heard of some members on here getting up to 4% off invoice pricing and some people claim even more but i think more then 4% is just talk :rolleyes:

so basically when you go to the next place try for at least 4% under invoice if they give you 3% i'd consider that as well. :thumb:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just looked at a 2013 2 door wrangler freedom edition. MSRP is like 32450. They said with tread lightly it would 30200, not including tax tags.....good no good?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On another note since I just rejoined back into the Army National Guard, I do not qualify for the $500 military discount because I am only National Guard, but if I were to get out of the guard I would qualify since I am would be a honorably discharged veteran? I did 5 1/2 years active duty and just rejoined but now still cant get anything since I am not active duty, but if I get out I get the discount....makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The tread lightly program is 100 bucks?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I almost signed up this morning, for the 25.00 level, glad I didn't.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Apparently they all learn that sales line in Jeep salesmen school..... i've also heard that about a dozen times here in florida.

From what i've read on here via the forum 1% off of the invoice is about $298 dollars off the invoice price of the vehicle. when i calculated it also i came up with about $300 bucks off the invoice.

when you join treadlightly or work for a business thats chrysler affiliated they are REQUIRED to give you 1% off the invoice. if they don't you can report them to chrysler. when they give you 1% off they get 2% back from chrysler for honoring that system.

I've also heard numerous times from these jackasses that " they don't know or never heard of treadlightly" don't be fooled by that either.

all in all i've heard of some members on here getting up to 4% off invoice pricing and some people claim even more but i think more then 4% is just talk :rolleyes:

so basically when you go to the next place try for at least 4% under invoice if they give you 3% i'd consider that as well. :thumb:
A dealer is not required to do anything. It is up to the dealers discretion because the dealer owns the vehicle.

I have a hard time believing people when they say they get 4% back of invoice on anything let alone Chrysler's most popular model, I wonder how much of a doc fee is paid, $1000.

You should be very happy to get a Wrangler at 1% back of invoice with tread lightly.

Don't expect any rebates on the 13's.

Now, if you are lucky enough to buy a car on the last day of the month when the dealer needs to hit his number to get paid from Chrysler, they will lose a few hundred bucks or even a thousand to get a larger payday from Chrysler.

But a dealer doesn't have to do anything they don't want to, except fix warranty work.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
A dealer is not required to do anything. It is up to the dealers discretion because the dealer owns the vehicle.

I have a hard time believing people when they say they get 4% back of invoice on anything let alone Chrysler's most popular model, I wonder how much of a doc fee is paid, $1000.

You should be very happy to get a Wrangler at 1% back of invoice with tread lightly.

Don't expect any rebates on the 13's.

Now, if you are lucky enough to buy a car on the last day of the month when the dealer needs to hit his number to get paid from Chrysler, they will lose a few hundred bucks or even a thousand to get a larger payday from Chrysler.

But a dealer doesn't have to do anything they don't want to, except fix warranty work.
the dealer doesn't have to do anything? well then the dealer can also lose a sale and or lose $30K to $40k.... thats their loss not the customers. also thats the reason why i walked out disappointed from a good dozen or so jeep dealerships here in florida. just nonsense trying to jack up the pricing of vehicles and not giving any type of deal to someone interested in buying the vehicle....

They are not required ??? then they can be reported to Chrysler in a heartbeat..... maybe some of you mom and pop dealerships won't accept treadlightly but the big companies should and do accept them after getting the OK with their manager.

As far as rebates an incentives go, whats all this summer jeep clearance nonsense?? oh let me guess it doesn't apply to wranglers....

I said once throughout the last 4 months of me frequently going on this forum and i'll say it again. i have never dealt with this many morons and shady salesmen of cars EVER until i decided i wanted to buy a jeep wrangler :nonono:

·
Banned
379 Posts
the dealer doesn't have to do anything? well then the dealer can also lose a sale and or lose $30K to $40k.... thats their loss not the customers. also thats the reason why i walked out disappointed from a good dozen or so jeep dealerships here in florida. just nonsense trying to jack up the pricing of vehicles and not giving any type of deal to someone interested in buying the vehicle....

They are not required ??? then they can be reported to Chrysler in a heartbeat..... maybe some of you mom and pop dealerships won't accept treadlightly but the big companies should and do accept them after getting the OK with their manager.

As far as rebates an incentives go, whats all this summer jeep clearance nonsense?? oh let me guess it doesn't apply to wranglers....

I said once throughout the last 4 months of me frequently going on this forum and i'll say it again. i have never dealt with this many morons and shady salesmen of cars EVER until i decided i wanted to buy a jeep wrangler :nonono:
Supply and Demand and Oppertunity costs. I am a dealer so I know how it works, we own the vehicle, not Chrysler. You can complain all you want about not getting 1% back of invoice, but you won't get anywhere. We would sell any Wrangler, besides a fancy limited edition, using an affiliate reward. Try buying and SRT Grand Cherokee or Deisel option with the affilitate reward, I doubt you will get one. But like I said, if a dealer NEEDS to hit a number, they will, because it is their discretion.

I am not trying to pick a fight with you, I am here as a Jeep enthusiest, not a Jeep dealer, but can provide certain insight as to why it is the way it is.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts

Are you going to get your '14 at Fields?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I must say, going purely from what I've read on this forum about Pat and Fields, after the bait-and-switch from a local dealer on a 2014 order, it was a toss-up: either order a 2014 from Fields, a one-way plane ticket and a long-a$$ car ride vs a not-so-long-a$$ round trip to VA for a great deal on a 2013.

I did the latter simply because it was easier for me personally. If I was nearer to a Fields dealer, I would have gone that route.

Not a paid spokesman, just impressed with what I've read.

Peace!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not to keep plowing this field, as it were, but this.

I'm sure there are folks out there who won the deal lottery. Good for them! Maybe they know someone, maybe they got a good price on a lemon, maybe it was their turn take advantage of a random confluence of events that allowed them to "stick it" to some shuckster who still deals like it's 1990. Revel in your good fortune and enjoy the ride! :dance::punk:

But for the rest, I call shenanigans on "deals" like "I got 3% under invoice for a 2014 order plus all the hold-back" unless you prove it. The dealer is going to profit from a sale, one way or another. If not from you, then from the next (hopefully low-information) buyer.

All you can do is arm yourself with enough information to know how much they stand to make, know how much you're willing to pay, be happy if a "deal" is struck somewhere in the middle, and be prepared to walk away if not.

Peace!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Supply and Demand and Oppertunity costs. I am a dealer so I know how it works, we own the vehicle, not Chrysler. You can complain all you want about not getting 1% back of invoice, but you won't get anywhere. We would sell any Wrangler, besides a fancy limited edition, using an affiliate reward. Try buying and SRT Grand Cherokee or Deisel option with the affilitate reward, I doubt you will get one. But like I said, if a dealer NEEDS to hit a number, they will, because it is their discretion.

I am not trying to pick a fight with you, I am here as a Jeep enthusiest, not a Jeep dealer, but can provide certain insight as to why it is the way it is.
keep in mind considering your showing off your dealer logo as well as a link to their site. i suggest you sign up to a be vendor.... this forum will not tolerate that.

Back on subject we aren't talking about SRT models nor the newest cherokee .... we are discussing wranglers, this is a wrangler forum isn't it ?

Now regardless how YOUR dealership works, about a good 90% of dealers WILL honor that. regardless if they have no idea what it is or whatever. and if someone doesn't, from what i have read numerous times on this forum that you can report that unwilling dealership to Chrysler and there will be issues.

your telling me i or anyone complaining that they won't get anywhere about not getting 1% off the invoice??? yes we will.... we'll go to another dealership and spend money there not at your dealership or any other that isn't on board.

I await to see all the responses that your posts will bring :whistling:

I'm also a jeep enthusiast and not trying to make a big battle here, but i WON"T have a salesman who is located in the boonies tell me how it works and how i will spend MY MONEY or on how buying a car works.

Yes i am actually.... at their Sanford, Florida location. i have been talking on and off with Brian Williams for last couple months, and as soon as the color im interested in is available ill be making that call to him to put the order in.

Not to keep plowing this field, as it were, but this.

I'm sure there are folks out there who won the deal lottery. Good for them! Maybe they know someone, maybe they got a good price on a lemon, maybe it was their turn take advantage of a random confluence of events that allowed them to "stick it" to some shuckster who still deals like it's 1990. Revel in your good fortune and enjoy the ride! :dance::punk:

But for the rest, I call shenanigans on "deals" like "I got 3% under invoice for a 2014 order plus all the hold-back" unless you prove it. The dealer is going to profit from a sale, one way or another. If not from you, then from the next (hopefully low-information) buyer.

All you can do is arm yourself with enough information to know how much they stand to make, know how much you're willing to pay, be happy if a "deal" is struck somewhere in the middle, and be prepared to walk away if not.

Peace!
i agree , as a matter of fact i call BS on someone claiming they got MORE then 4% off invoice... it sounds unrealistic to me that a dealer would go that low.

As far as the dealer has to make some sort of profit. Yes of course, but they shouldnt be making a fortune off of us..... i know there's quite a few idiots in this world that'll just pay whatever the dealership has on the sticker. thats because they don't know how to buy a car or there's some people who just don't care and buy it because they want it. understandable of course

I can speak for myself and probably many others. i will not get ripped off nor taking advantage of by a car salesman sorry....

·
Registered
381 Posts
keep in mind considering your showing off your dealer logo as well as a link to their site. i suggest you sign up to a be vendor.... this forum will not tolerate that.

Back on subject we aren't talking about SRT models nor the newest cherokee .... we are discussing wranglers, this is a wrangler forum isn't it ?

Now regardless how YOUR dealership works, about a good 90% of dealers WILL honor that. regardless if they have no idea what it is or whatever. and if someone doesn't, from what i have read numerous times on this forum that you can report that unwilling dealership to Chrysler and there will be issues.

your telling me i or anyone complaining that they won't get anywhere about not getting 1% off the invoice??? yes we will.... we'll go to another dealership and spend money there not at your dealership or any other that isn't on board.

I await to see all the responses that your posts will bring :whistling:

I'm also a jeep enthusiast and not trying to make a big battle here, but i WON"T have a salesman who is located in the boonies tell me how it works and how i will spend MY MONEY or on how buying a car works.

Yes i am actually.... at their Sanford, Florida location. i have been talking on and off with Brian Williams for last couple months, and as soon as the color im interested in is available ill be making that call to him to put the order in.

i agree , as a matter of fact i call BS on someone claiming they got MORE then 4% off invoice... it sounds unrealistic to me that a dealer would go that low.

As far as the dealer has to make some sort of profit. Yes of course, but they shouldnt be making a fortune off of us..... i know there's quite a few idiots in this world that'll just pay whatever the dealership has on the sticker. thats because they don't know how to buy a car or there's some people who just don't care and buy it because they want it. understandable of course

I can speak for myself and probably many others. i will not get ripped off nor taking advantage of by a car salesman sorry....

If I would have known you are at Fields, I would have met you there, just to say "hey", im only 5 miles away. Im thinking about ordering next weekend.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
If I would have known you are at Fields, I would have met you there, just to say "hey", im only 5 miles away. Im thinking about ordering next weekend.
I'm actually near ft lauderdale, florida. when i go to pick her up i'll contact you :thumb: im sure thats going to be 3 months from now lol figure order it next month, wait at least 1-2 months then it should be ready.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts