Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
2621 - 2640 of 2669 Posts

·
Registered
2015 JKUR, 3.5" lift, lottsa armor and mods
209 Posts
OK, I've been reading this thread a lot. I've already bought everything to do the spark plugs and PCV valve, which was on my to-do list in the next couple of weeks. I suppose I'll add this to the list, seeing how most of it'll be apart already.

I'm planning to buy the Dorman 926876 part, which looks available locally for $205. What else should I be buying that's prone to failure? I have no problem taking the OEM stuff on and putting on the new part, but if something else is prone to failure, might as well get'er'dun now.

Jeep is a 2015 JKUR w/ 110k miles. No leaks detected yet. I've always done my own oil changes since 20k miles. Also, does this still use the same oil filters, as I've bought a large supply of the Mobil1 filters. Hoping they'll still be useable.

I guess I'm asking for a shopping list! Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
OK, I've been reading this thread a lot. I've already bought everything to do the spark plugs and PCV valve, which was on my to-do list in the next couple of weeks. I suppose I'll add this to the list, seeing how most of it'll be apart already.

I'm planning to buy the Dorman 926876 part, which looks available locally for $205. What else should I be buying that's prone to failure? I have no problem taking the OEM stuff on and putting on the new part, but if something else is prone to failure, might as well get'er'dun now.

Jeep is a 2015 JKUR w/ 110k miles. No leaks detected yet. I've always done my own oil changes since 20k miles. Also, does this still use the same oil filters, as I've bought a large supply of the Mobil1 filters. Hoping they'll still be useable.

I guess I'm asking for a shopping list! Thanks!
Add sparkplugs to that list mine were shot at 75k.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I replace mine not too long ago I couldn't get the Doorman, so I put the OEM part in. I have a friend at the dealer, so I was able to get $78.00 off and I have a mechanic that replace it for $100.00 It took him 3 hrs. to do it. I was happy with his work. FYI all cars have their own problems now days. :rolleyes:
Wow that was a steal on your mechanic's labor rate.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Last week I sold and parted ways with my JKUR. If I didn't have a 2022 JTR in the garage I might miss her. If the cooler goes in the 2014 that will be a bummer for someone, not me. I have a 7 year warranty on the Gladiator. Not going to mod it as much. It was a blast here.

Reactions: zgfiredude

·
Registered
912 Posts
Last week I sold and parted ways with my JKUR. If I didn't have a 2022 JTR in the garage I might miss her. If the cooler goes in the 2014 that will be a bummer for someone, not me. I have a 7 year warranty on the Gladiator. Not going to mod it as much. It was a blast here.
No parting shot of the Gladiator? Good luck and happy trails (y)

·
Registered
164 Posts
im trading in my 14 JKU in a few weeks for a 4runner TRD pro... I have the Dorman and the OEM one sitting on the shelf from when i saw them going out of stock last year. If anyone is looking for an OEM or Dorman lmk. (mods please delete if this is not allowed) i have pics and can list in marketplace if need be but i thought it would reach the targeted group of people looking here. i am going to keep one of the 2 until the jeep is no longer in my possession

edit: Dorman is sold

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Wonder if Jeep will offer a Grand Cherokee version with Pro type features. They'd probably fk it up and only offer it on the Trackhawk though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
My Dorman has been on my shelf in the garage since last year. No detectable problem yet, but it’s just at matter of time and Im keeping this jeep for a while. So I think while I’m off work for a week I’m gonna add it to my jeep dry dock list lol. I’m replacing all my brakes and rotors, doing my oil change, diff fluid change, new diff covers, fixing my wiper fluid sprayer, installing new coil packs and iridium spark plugs. I’ll have the work halfway done changing the coil packs and plugs anyway.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well I jinxed myself. While working on my jeep this week I saw the telltale bell housing oil spray. So I tackled it. Long story short, I just test drove her, no signs of leaking with the new Dorman unit and not throwing codes! I’m no mechanic. I went slow over the last two days and got it done. I’m glad I did it and it was nice changing the oil with my aluminum neck. No more poping sound tightening the filter cap. One surprise was when I was taping the intake holes where you can see the valve stems, two had stuff in them. One had a crumbly sticker and the other had a black cut zip tie. i got them out. The only thing I can think of is when the dealership mechanic was in there last year replacing the collapsed lifters, rocker arms and two cam shafts, that he dropped the debris in there.

Reactions: zgfiredude and JSJP

·
Premium Member
2015 JKU Sahara Sunset Orange
1,247 Posts
Well I jinxed myself. While working on my jeep this week I saw the telltale bell housing oil spray. So I tackled it. Long story short, I just test drove her, no signs of leaking with the new Dorman unit and not throwing codes! I’m no mechanic. I went slow over the last two days and got it done. I’m glad I did it and it was nice changing the oil with my aluminum neck. No more poping sound tightening the filter cap. One surprise was when I was taping the intake holes where you can see the valve stems, two had stuff in them. One had a crumbly sticker and the other had a black cut zip tie. i got them out. The only thing I can think of is when the dealership mechanic was in there last year replacing the collapsed lifters, rocker arms and two cam shafts, that he dropped the debris in there.
That's messed up!

·
Premium Member
10,772 Posts
I would be taking that to the dealer. That is messed up and could of cause some serious problems.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would be taking that to the dealer. That is messed up and could of cause some serious problems.
True but sadly they would dismiss it and make it your fault.

Like finding out you paid to have a cabin filter replaced only to find out there wasn't a cabin filter when I went to replace it myself, took it to the dealer they pretty much shrugged and insinuated I removed it myself. Dealers suck

·
Premium Member
10,772 Posts
True but sadly they would dismiss it and make it your fault.

Like finding out you paid to have a cabin filter replaced only to find out there wasn't a cabin filter when I went to replace it myself, took it to the dealer they pretty much shrugged and insinuated I removed it myself. Dealers suck
Regardless I would do it. It is just to inform them they have a problem and it needs corrected. If they want brush it off and get hostile then Yelp review and a complaint to the BBB is in order. At least in this case no harm was done.

Reactions: Hksjoshua

·
Registered
97 Posts
Regardless I would do it. It is just to inform them they have a problem and it needs corrected. If they want brush it off and get hostile then Yelp review and a complaint to the BBB is in order. At least in this case no harm was done.
Ya, I try and do all my own work on my jeep when I feel it’s within my abilities. I know zero about actually fixing lifters, rockers and cams so I thought a jeep dealer shop would do a good job. So far no issues on either bank and she’s running good. I’m just glad I was feeling bold and did the oil cooler upgrade myself. I remember when I called the service writer and asked for an update, he said the engine tech was out for a few days getting chemotherapy and there would be a delay. Who knows if it was true or not and if it just sat there with the ports exposed. I’m just glad to be back up running good. I’m doing diff fluid changes today and putting on some new aftermarket diff covers. Then new brakes and rotors all four wheels tomorrow and I’m done with all my maintenance for a while.:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wow! Those look like failed units. Its crazy they just don’t make it out of aluminum.

Reactions: B. C.
2621 - 2640 of 2669 Posts