Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
2641 - 2660 of 2669 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Hey everyone! Just saw a new part number for the Dorman unit its 926-959. Comes with a cap,cooler ,filter ,adapter ,seals and bolts. Looks like you just need to get senders. $219 on amazon

Reactions: Wolfslash16

·
Registered
97 Posts
When you guys do this job are you depressurizing and removing the fuel rail, or just moving it out of the way?
I just flipped it and left it attached. It gave me plenty of room.

Reactions: B. C. and smiller1

·
Registered
78 Posts
When you guys do this job are you depressurizing and removing the fuel rail, or just moving it out of the way?
Disconnected the battery then pulled the fuel line. Very little discharge. Just place a rag underneath the line. I wanted as much room as possible this time. So I could check everything.

IceColeNH on an Android Smaht Fone using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey everyone! Just saw a new part number for the Dorman unit its 926-959. Comes with a cap,cooler ,filter ,adapter ,seals and bolts. Looks like you just need to get senders. $219 on amazon
I just looked and those that have everything included are knock offs. Might want to do a little research.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just looked and those that have everything included are knock offs. Might want to do a little research.

According to my research he is correct. I certainly can't vouch for the legitimacy of everything on amazon, but according to the Dorman website the part number and description he gave is correct.

Font Poster Advertising Auto part Logo

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Saw it first on summit’s site. Checked dormans site then thought….what about Amazon? So yep I did some research:) I ordered one will give an update when I get It.

·
Registered
97 Posts
According to my research he is correct. I certainly can't vouch for the legitimacy of everything on amazon, but according to the Dorman website the part number and description he gave is correct.

View attachment 4543068
The orange oil filter cap looks cool.

Reactions: CTarna and smiller1

·
Registered
262 Posts
So my second '14 JK had it go as well, what a mess, oil dripping from every engine seal and tranny pan. First '14 didn't experience this.
Extended warranty covered all but $100 of this for me.
I believe the thinking about the location is a dual purpose, one its a common location in the valley and second for swamping.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Will a stealership install the Doorman unit or strictly OEM plastic replacement?
I've never heard of a dealership using anything other than OEM parts, sold by them.
The Jeep dealership I use will install customer parts. They only state they will not warranty the part, which obviously makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I disconnected the injector connections and flipped it over. There was plenty of room to work.

Reactions: smiller1

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Finally have parts showing up to get mine done. I've got the Dorman cooler, the rear coolant hose, 6 new coil packs/spark plugs, and upper and lower radiator hoses on the way. Knocking out a bunch of preventative mantainence at the same time.

2641 - 2660 of 2669 Posts