Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
2661 - 2669 of 2669 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Got the complete Dorman housing delivered today.. looks pretty good. The filter says china on it orange cap has a plate on it saying it needs the newer filter. I might get some felpro o rings for the cooler before I change it out.

Reactions: smiller1

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Saw it first on summit’s site. Checked dormans site then thought….what about Amazon? So yep I did some research:) I ordered one will give an update when I get It.
I too thought all the Amazon ones were knock offs, but this one appears legit, comes with everything but sensors, and the price is way cheaper than oem even after buying new sensors…. Hmmm….
I may buy this and check it out. If it is not legit I’ll return it. Even paying return shipping to factory direct mopar the cost is still less. I just think Dorman‘s part is too new.
Font Screenshot Parallel Web page Number

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Saw it first on summit’s site. Checked dormans site then thought….what about Amazon? So yep I did some research:) I ordered one will give an update when I get It.
I too thought all the Amazon ones were knock offs, but this one appears legit, comes with everything but sensors, and the price is way cheaper than oem even after buying new sensors…. Hmmm….
I may buy this and check it out. If it is not legit I’ll return it. Even paying return shipping to factory direct mopar the cost is still less. I just think Dorman‘s part is too new.
View attachment 4543632
The price on Summit is very close. Actually, it was the same last week. Given the choice being that close, I would go with Summit over Amazon as I have never heard of counterfeit complaints from Summit. Don't get me wrong, I buy a LOT from Amazon, but when I have a choice or concern, it seems best to think twice on it. I just bought a "Mopar" air filter from the Mopar Store on Amazon. It says made in china and came in a clear plastic bag. Unless they are outsourcing, that is not an OE Mopar part. All previous ones are Mexico in a half clear half white bag, with part numbers etc. on the white half. Though given our current crazy supply issues,who knows.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
The price on Summit is very close. Actually, it was the same last week. Given the choice being that close, I would go with Summit over Amazon as I have never heard of counterfeit complaints from Summit. Don't get me wrong, I buy a LOT from Amazon, but when I have a choice or concern, it seems best to think twice on it. I just bought a "Mopar" air filter from the Mopar Store on Amazon. It says made in china and came in a clear plastic bag. Unless they are outsourcing, that is not an OE Mopar part. All previous ones are Mexico in a half clear half white bag, with part numbers etc. on the white half. Though given our current crazy supply issues,who knows.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yeah, about $15 more. It is, however, not available until 6/15 and is being called a special order. I see the Amazon one is shipped by and sold from Amazon. I've had less issues with counterfeits this way; most have been from third party sellers. ymmv

I'm still on the fence too. It is easy to return to amazon, so this is not a big gamble.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
I should have bought it this AM. It is no longer in stock. Someone else bought it, I guess. It now says 1-2 months. I'm sticking with my original plan. Good luck to all who use the Dorman. I want it to work, so it is the answer if mine ever leaks and I choose not to install the new oem one I have ordered.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
FYI all the paperwork and the box is labeled Dorman.

Reactions: jeep63

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
There's a few people getting mixed up, there is actually 2 companies that are currently making an aluminum style housing. The first one is the better known Dorman, and the 2nd one appears to be a no name "rebrand" company. They rebrand company comes fully complete, where as the Dorman one comes either bar housing, or partly loaded.

A good way to see the difference is to look at the housing shape around the filter. The Dorman one has OEM matching supporting ribs and shape

Font Bicycle part Auto part Nickel Titanium

Where as the rebrand version does not appear have the same structuring.

Cylinder Gas Auto part Engineering Machine

The new "3rd" option is the pre loaded Dorman housing, which has an orange cap on it.

Font Auto part Gas Engineering Machine

Out of all the options, the "rebrand" version is the most complete, but I don't know if I would trust the sensors or parts it comes loaded with. The Dorman version(s) look to be better made.

2661 - 2669 of 2669 Posts