Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the price is on the 32 inch wheel and tire package on the 2014 Sport S?

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
No, but if it is a build option probably too much. I would venture to guess that you would be able to get a 33” or 35” wheel/tire combo from a vendor for about what an installed option for 32’s would be. Not to mention if you pony up for a 32” package and roll it into your lien then in a few months decide you want bigger 33’s or 35’s, well you just threw money down the drain.

-Dan

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Any information would be in the 2014 Information thread. I'd search/ask in there.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I searched in there, but it doesn't say, my dealer told me it was 3300.00, which I thought was pretty expensive, Daniels right, im better off just getting aftermarket.

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
I searched in there, but it doesn't say, my dealer told me it was 3300.00, which I thought was pretty expensive, Daniels right, im better off just getting aftermarket.
$3300!!:rofl: You can get 35's for less than $2K, probably closer to $1500 if you go aftermarket, Discount Tire Direct.

-Dan

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$3300!!:rofl: You can get 35's for less than $2K, probably closer to $1500 if you go aftermarket, Discount Tire Direct.

-Dan
Exactly!

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I'm assuming you are talking about the black Rubi wheel package? I thought I read that it was going to be a $600 upgrade. But knowing Jeep, it will probably only be available on the Sport S...which means you are paying for wheels twice.

Save you cash and find some take-offs on CG, or go to Discount Tire and get 33's.

·
Registered
666 Posts
5 at 236 each for Terras 285s =1180
5 at 239 for RR JK (hub centric wheels) = 1195

(you can get much cheaper wheels, like I did :) )

and you could sell the stockers (at least the tires)

but the $3300 for it on a factory option list still sounds a bit steep....

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
$3,300, huh? Sounds to me like the perfect amount of money for you to use for 35"s and 4.56 gears With enough left over money to get a decent haircut as well.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
this is from kelly blue book for options on the 2014 sport S---and it comes with 32 inch tires--same size as the rubicon--but they are most likely not the same tire--just the same size

Sport S
Choose this style
Engine(s):V6, 3.6 Liter
Drivetrain(s):Four-Wheel Drive
Doors:2-door

Automatic
Manual

MPG
17 city/21 hwy

285 HP

Includes: Common standard equipment
Also Standard on this Style: javascript:void(0)

Transmission: Manual, 6-Spd; Braking and Traction: Stabilizer Bar, Front; Comfort and Convenience: Air Conditioning; Shift Knob, Leather-Wrapped & Chrome; Steering: Steering Wheel, Leather-Wrapped; Seats: Seat, Folding Rear; Interior: Floor Mats, Front; Roof and Glass: Roof, Black Sunrider Soft Top; Lighting and Mirrors: Mirrors, Dual Manual w/Manual Fold; Exterior: Fender Flares, Accent Color; Fuel Tank, 18.6 Gal Cap; Bumpers, Black F&R; Mechanical: Axle Ratio, 3.21; Axle, HD Rear Dana; Transfer Case, Command-Trac Shift-on-the-Fly 4WD; Wheels: Wheels, Aluminum; Tires: P255/75R17 On-Off Road OWL

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
and the dealer invoice for the sport is 22823 and 24959 for the sport s. you get alot more then tires and wheels for that money including the dana 44 rear,

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
and the dealer invoice for the sport is 22823 and 24959 for the sport s. you get alot more then tires and wheels for that money including the dana 44 rear,
All JK's have a D44 rear.

Correction: I mean some of the first run 2007 JK's had D35 rear but since then all JK have D44 rear

-Dan

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well this is strange, I thought the sport s comes with 31's and in the 2014 wrangler info thread it states New 32 inch optional tire & black wheel on Sport.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Well this is strange, I thought the sport s comes with 31's and in the 2014 wrangler info thread it states New 32 inch optional tire & black wheel on Sport.
:confused:
You have Sport S wheels in your avy.....you didn't know that that were 32"'s?

Sport = 16" rim and 29" tire
Sport S/Moab/Rubi = 17" rim and 32" tire
Sahara = 18" rim and 32" tire

The new package being discussed are the old Rubi wheels (in black) and Rubi tires on the Sport. Basically, the wheels that were on the Arctic.

Of course the cheap/confusing part is that the prior the 2012,the Rubi and Sport S used the same 5 spoke rim (called the Moab....but not the Moab edition Jeep).....they just had different tires. So basically, the new package is just Sport S wheels in black with Rubi tires.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:confused:
You have Sport S wheels in your avy.....you didn't know that that were 32"'s?

Sport = 16" rim and 29" tire
Sport S/Moab/Rubi = 17" rim and 32" tire
Sahara = 18" rim and 32" tire

The new package being discussed are the old Rubi wheels (in black) and Rubi tires on the Sport. Basically, the wheels that were on the Arctic.

Of course the cheap/confusing part is that the prior the 2012,the Rubi and Sport S used the same 5 spoke rim (called the Moab....but not the Moab edition Jeep).....they just had different tires. So basically, the new package is just Sport S wheels in black with Rubi tires.

I sold that Jeep almost a year ago, thanks for clearing this up, the info will help me in the purchase of a new one.

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
I think the wheels are the '13 and newer design rubicon wheels in black, do a search for 2013 Moab editions, I'm thinking that will be the wheel and the tires will be the rubicon KMs.

My opinion is the upgrade cost will be in the $600 range. At $3300 you can do all sorts of awesome wheels/tires and I'm pretty sure the guys coming up with these packages know that.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think the wheels are the '13 and newer design rubicon wheels in black, do a search for 2013 Moab editions, I'm thinking that will be the wheel and the tires will be the rubicon KMs.

My opinion is the upgrade cost will be in the $600 range. At $3300 you can do all sorts of awesome wheels/tires and I'm pretty sure the guys coming up with these packages know that.
Are you saying this option is 600? or your just estimating?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts