Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY, looks like the Map Update has arrived for my 2014 JK 430N RHB...

GARMIN
CHRYSLER GROUP - 2015 NORTH AMERICAN MAP FOR UCONNNECT® 430N (RHB MY2013-2014)
Part number 010-12335-20

$149 + $30 Shipping...

How up to date would these maps be?

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
I believe Garmin is now shipping 2016, with a ver number like 2016.10.

We could hope that these are 2015.40, but there is also some chance they are a year old with a ver number like 2015.10. :(

I think the best answer is that its up to you to please buy and install this (over priced) map update, check the version, and report such back here to the rest of us.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone gotten this map update? Really curious as I have the CN North America NT 2014.40 ALL maps loaded but they are very out dated.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
That is a pricey update, it seems. If the Garmin did as good as Google Maps, it may have been worth it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just talked to HERE Maps through online chat. They said the map data seems from Q4 2013.

I was surprised they use such old map data. I was expecting 2016.10 or at least 2015.xx, as the update is released in July 2015.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jeep Map Update

On July 9th I ordered the Map Update which Here NorthAmerica, the map vendor promptly charged me for and then not deliver. When I contacted Here NA a week later they said the update was out of stock and would not be available until the end of the month. It took five calls to Here NA and filing a dispute with PayPal to get my money back. When I complained to Jeep they said Here NA is a third party vendor and not their issue. I have written the Jeep corporate office and waiting to see if I hear from them. Besides the fact Jeep did not get involved with a factory installed product the update is a ripoff for the price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On July 9th I ordered the Map Update which Here NorthAmerica, the map vendor promptly charged me for and then not deliver. When I contacted Here NA a week later they said the update was out of stock and would not be available until the end of the month. It took five calls to Here NA and filing a dispute with PayPal to get my money back. When I complained to Jeep they said Here NA is a third party vendor and not their issue. I have written the Jeep corporate office and waiting to see if I hear from them. Besides the fact Jeep did not get involved with a factory installed product the update is a ripoff for the price.
Just enjoy the fact that you did not lost between 2 and 4 hrs of your life trying to update the map. It doesn't work on rhb 430n, they seem to forgot to test it on those units...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would like to find out if I can hack and download map through some other format?

I don't mind paying for OEM products but they often seem pricey, restricted and poorly made ?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
That is simply unacceptable today. $180 to keep a product up to date? Will that be every 2 years or what?

I'm going after market HU when my 2016 gets in. Will get GPS from my phone which means no issues with updates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts