Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

In short: Update success but forgot the graphics. wtf?

I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with 430N Uconnect with Navi.

I was being prompted to update my system. It had been cutting off bluetooth mid conversation and also not working with siri which was annoying and I thought maybe they fixed those issues and naturally added new roads and stuff to the maps.

So I followed the instructions very carefully by downloading Garmin express and getting the info from the car on the usb then linked it to the software on my computer.

I had RHB14 14.06. It updated to 15.12 I think. then I brought it back to my computer the software indicated that there is another new update to RHB15 and Version 7.06. I had read that u need to do it twice sometimes to see future updates. so I loaded it and took it back to the car. It updated and started loading which took 20 minutes.

Then when I started it up again the whole screen went white with small tiles of writing saying "image not found" over the whole screen. Now the navi works and everything works. I remember where the options are so I touch and it works like a charm, but it seems like the graphics were not installed on the system for some reason, and I don't know how to fix this.

I switched the car off and back on and removed the usb and came back to the computer (which says up to date) and nothing has changed.
I called Garmin, and hard reset the system but nothing changed. They asked me to go to the Dealer which is something I hate doing. They will skin me alive with their crazy overcharges. I know I can fix it but I need someone's help and knowledge. It's something minor I just feel it.

Could you guys help me?

I attached a few photos so you understand what I am dealing with.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gonna watch this as I want to replace my 130 with one of these. Sure hope I don't see this kind of issues. Ron- hope this gets resolved. Please post the fix when possible.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
@The Ronster, unfortunately there is nothing you can really do to fix this issue. Updating these units has been known to cause issues like what you're experiencing. Garmin is going to be of no help. You need to head to your dealer and see what they'll do. I doubt any software update will fix this, and you'll likely need a replacement unit. Get Jeep customer service involved, if need be, as you were simply following the radio prompt to update.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DaSVenska
I'll keep you updated. But I would advise you to look into the Raxiom unit. You have a choice and if I did I would take that one in a heart beat...Looks like an ipad...siri works...easy peasy..

JKUdave
Thanks for your input. I haven't found the solution to it yet. I will try to flash it one more time and see what happens. If I'm out of warranty the unit will be 2.5K and I will not pay that I would go with Raxiom, but also I don't want to go to the dealer because I have a MOD, lift, calibrated. They will void my warranty...on the flipside I can't use my warranty so who cares I might go in at the end of the day....

Mike-Mike
Seems like a god unit but it doesn't have an AUX input. and will likely not work with the usbs of my jeep. I have iphone tho and I stick with it bec of my work and computers.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
but also I don't want to go to the dealer because I have a MOD, lift, calibrated. They will void my warranty...on the flipside I can't use my warranty so who cares I might go in at the end of the day....
Your radio warranty cannot be affected, denied or voided because you have a lift and have mods. It doesn't work that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts