Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm losing track of stuff for the JK - I'll use this to upload some of my older photos and hopefully have new things to post going forward.

Started as a new 2014 JK 2-door - 3.21 gears, open differentials, basic radio, window cranks/manual locks, basic vinyl soft top with clear windows, most basic radio. Only option is the 'S' package which I believe includes 32 inch tires on the 17 inch Alloys, A/C, and leather wrapped steering wheel.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Partial Mod List, no particular order.

(removed) Rugged Ridge RRC Side Armor Guards
(removed) RealWheels 2.5 Prerunner bar
Stubby Antenna
Rubicon rock rails
Rock Hard 4x4 Oil Pan, Transfer Case, Gas Tank skids (steel)
Poison Spyder evaporative canister skid plate
Quadratec receiver hitch mount + wiring harness
Quadratec front/rear grab handles
Mopar door edge guards
(summer) Rugged Ridge mirror relocation brackets
(summer) Bestop All Weather trail cover
Rock Hard 4x4 winch plate for stock bumper
Superwinch Tigershark TS 9500 (steel cable)
Husky front mud flaps (would buy Mopar next time)
UConnect 130S + Sirius antenna
(should remove) Die-Tech Offload seat retainer for 2007-2012
Philips H13 9008 X-treme Power Headlight Bulb (“80% brighter than stock”, cheap/effective upgrade)
Weathertech front floor mats
JKS quick disconnects for 0-2" lift
Derlin (material, not brand) door hinge bushings
Tuffy hood lock

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First Mod: those little 2" round convex mirrors. If i did again, i'd put them on outside of mirror instead of the inside.
Also pictured:

• Rugged Ridge mirror relocation brackets (almost broke a tooth and the mirror pulling the mirror off the door the first time. Holding mirror under the elbow like a football while yanking up works better.)

• Bestop All Weather Trail Cover.

Wanted Satellite radio, didn't want anything someone would steal - got a previously-loved UConnect 130S radio + antenna (goes on roll bar above passenger seat) from OEM Auto Parts Co.. The Harbor Freight set of plastic trim puller tools was very helpful for the install.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll go back and post some things I've missed at some point (rh4x4 skids, winch).

This week i had some time off, and my Metalcloak 2.5 True Dual Rate lift with Rocksport shocks came in.
I had a pair of 3 ton jacks, jackstands, and a lithium battery 1/2" electric impact wrench at my disposal. Also coil spring compessors ($15 at harbor freight) were a must.
Installed the lift in three days by myself (taking my time).
I wound up leaving out the adjustable front trackbar for now.

Had alignment checked, even got caster right on the first try using the adjustable front uppers!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Before and after pics.
I'll be adding some bigger tires at some point. For now I'm cool with the look as-is.
No wheel spacers, using the metalcloak rear trackbar drop brackets instead of extended rear links.

Attachments

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got a set of front Sumo Springs and installed while i had the front coils out. May well add rear ones, but those are easy to access any time.

Pic shows stock bump stop lined up to the sumospring to show how much longer they are at installed height.

Used tape to hold the nut in the socket during the install.

Attachments

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Front coils.
Using jack stands under the frame and a floor jack on each side of the axle, i got the front flexed down to 47cm between the rubber isolator and the top of the spring perch. Had to disconnect the front drive shaft to get clearance on the driver's side. I was able to compess the 2.5" springs about 1.5-2 inches using the spring compressors and hand tools, which gave me just enough room to get them in there. 3.5" coils would have been more problematic - would have needed to get the frame up higher somehow to get more droop.
Putting weight back on the spring once installed made it a lot easier to remove the spring compessors.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts