Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 jku auto. If you drive it normal it seems to shift early and at 60 km it shifts into overdrive. If you give it some gas it seems to bog down. It been in a few times and the dealer can't figure out anything. They keep saying its normal. I was thinking of maybe a superchip? Anybody else have these problems?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Does it have larger than stock tires and/or re geared axles? If yes, then you need to calibrate the PCM accordingly to ensure proper transmission behavior.

·
Premium Member
10,233 Posts
I have a 2014 jku auto. If you drive it normal it seems to shift early and at 60 km it shifts into overdrive. If you give it some gas it seems to bog down. It been in a few times and the dealer can't figure out anything. They keep saying its normal. I was thinking of maybe a superchip? Anybody else have these problems?
Put your foot in it!!! This trans is adaptive... it will perform as you dictate.

You drive around easy, it gets lazy...

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Most auto transmissions with an overdrive will shift into OD at approx. 40 mph, which is very close to 60km so that would be normal. The easier it's driven the quicker it will move through the gears. If you're running a tire size other than stock then you should make the adjustment like Pickles mentioned. An adjustment also has to be made if it's re-geared from stock. By adjusting for tire size, and gearing if that applies, that enables the trans. to make the appropriate shift points. That might be what you're experiencing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's got 3.73's in it and in the winter I run the stock 32's and summer 33's. Maybe I need to stop babying it and drive it. Thx

·
Registered
293 Posts
x2 for putting your foot into it. Its short shifting to save gas and it adjusts by your driving standards. Mine did the same when new.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeah, mine short shifts too, but only in commuter traffic where you can't 'get on it' and drive normal. Not uncommon to see the rpm's at 1k...

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
x2 for putting your foot into it. Its short shifting to save gas and it adjusts by your driving standards. Mine did the same when new.
Ditto this. Mine which has been recalibrated with a procal for the tires does the same. If my wife borrows it and drives it like the stupid woman driver that she is with no regard for the vehicle, it really goes when I get it back.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ditto this. Mine which has been recalibrated with a procal for the tires does the same. If my wife borrows it and drives it like the stupid woman driver that she is with no regard for the vehicle, it really goes when I get it back.

LMAO Im lucky my wife has her own JK. When I take it for a ride it feels like im driving a quarter mile Jeep.:action-smiley:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts