Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings

So make a long story short. Last summer i had a complete top engine rebuild (Valves,Heads,Rockers,etc). This was all due to 240 Temps that where occurring. JK failed a leak down test which prompted the rebuild. Now i do live in the south (Dallas TX Area) and it can get pretty warm down here. But....

Its been almost a year now and still see the temp spike up to about 226/228 or so. It does cool back down to around 210 to 215, but just wondering what yall see on your jeeps.

I do have plenty of coolant and cap is new....:beerdrinking:

·
Super Moderator
7,833 Posts
This topic comes up as soon as the weather gets warm. They run hot, too hot for my liking. The fan is programmed to first come on at about 224F give or take, depending on the year. IMO it should be on long before that, 205F would be nice, with full blast at about 210F.

Try running it with the AC on, that runs the fan at a slow speed all the time, it might help. There might be a tune for your year to get the fan to come on sooner. My 16 needs to have the computer unlocked to tweak the fan settings, costly, and it will possibly jeopardize the warranty if there's a problem. I wish there was an easy fix.

·
Premium Member
9,566 Posts
220-230 is normal in traffic on a warm day.

FYI if you own a Penestar engine there is no way to adjust the fan without a programmer like HP Tuners

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This topic comes up as soon as the weather gets warm. They run hot, too hot for my liking. The fan is programmed to first come on at about 224F give or take, depending on the year. IMO it should be on long before that, 205F would be nice, with full blast at about 210F.

Try running it with the AC on, that runs the fan at a slow speed all the time, it might help. There might be a tune for your year to get the fan to come on sooner. My 16 needs to have the computer unlocked to tweak the fan settings, costly, and it will possibly jeopardize the warranty if there's a problem. I wish there was an easy fix.
Cool thanks for the response...yeah I heard after 2014 they started locking then ecm... That's lame..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts