Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

2261 - 2280 of 2321 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
CTarna sentiment is real and I don't think you feel sorry because most of you are just doing this for your benefit.
I got mine fixed for an arm and a leg, and DO NOT say you feel sorry for me because you are rubbing this the wrong way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can I ask a weird question? All these people are having the same issues with the oil cooler. Why does the lady with Jeep Cares keep asking to private message her? Shouldn't she just share the information with everyone?😳

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Can I ask a weird question? All these people are having the same issues with the oil cooler. Why does the lady with Jeep Cares keep asking to private message her? Shouldn't she just share the information with everyone?😳
Well, that is the $64 question. IMO, it's to pull issues off of open forum. But those that do PM them can post the results. Maybe Jeep Cares has a secret stash of oil coolers. My dealer says it will be a month before they see any. They are out and the system is out.

Reactions: Jjgibby523

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, that is the $64 question. IMO, it's to pull issues off of open forum. But those that do PM them can post the results. Maybe Jeep Cares has a secret stash of oil coolers. My dealer says it will be a month before they see any. They are out and the system is out.
Same here...out everywhere. I am going on 4 weeks waiting. 😭

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm pretty sure the JL 3.6 is the same pentastar upgrade that started going into GC's in 2016 and I know having had one of those and now having a 2021 GC that at least the filter is the same so I would assume that the housing is at least the same type. Sure looks the same when I change oil.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Is JL and JK oil cooler the same?
No.
I'm looking at maybe getting a new JT or JL, so I looked up the part numbers
2014+ JK = 68105583AF
2021 JT = 68365931AA ($96 at my local dealer)
2021 JL = 68365931AA

Reactions: Lemotan

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
No.
I'm looking at maybe getting a new JT or JL, so I looked up the part numbers
2014+ JK = 68105583AF
2021 JT = 68365931AA ($96 at my local dealer)
2021 JL = 68365931AA
To me it makes sense the part number is different. This does not mean, however, that the parts are not interchangeable.

Only way to know for sure is for someone to order one and try to swap it.

We already know the 2012/2013 version will work and is a workable option since those are still available.

DIY guys can go this route and get back up and running.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
^^ Well, the 68365931AA does not appear to have a coolant temperature sensor provision like the 68105583AF , so that would need to be figured out.

Reactions: jeep63

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
With all the aftermarket available still no aluminum filter housing. I tried to find same design and it looks like only pentastar have it, MB is using aluminum with a plastic cap, some 4cyl WAG engines have plastic oil filter housing but its mounted outside , visible and easy to replace.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
CTarna sentiment is real and I don't think you feel sorry because most of you are just doing this for your benefit.
I got mine fixed for an arm and a leg, and DO NOT say you feel sorry for me because you are rubbing this the wrong way.
Thinking you got your threads crossed...

Reactions: Kaio

·
Super Moderator
23,702 Posts
Jeep cares is part of the customer service end not the technical end. Getting mad at Jeep care over any technical or mechanical issue is akin to getting mad at the Walmart greeter because Walmart was out of your favorite cheese.
Was just told another 4 weeks. Jeep Cares suck. I am tired....I hate my Jeep. Cannot believe there are absolutely no parts anywhere. 🤬

·
Registered
'13 JKU Rubi 10A and '01 TJ Sport
16 Posts
My 2013 oil cooler just leaked this month from the o-rings at 90,000 miles. When I installed the new unit, I applied Permatex Permashield gasket dressing/sealant to hopefully add some longevity to the gaskets (It's high temp and resistant to fuel, oil, and doesn't harden). While I was in there I went ahead and replaced the spark plugs and PCV valve. I was going to upgrade to the 2014+ oil cooler (to avoid the integrated oil filter bypass valve which also eventually breaks) until I ran into this massive backorder problem. Fortunately, the 2013 and below oil cooler assemblies are readily available for now...

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2L. Oil cooler leaking issue. Needs to be replaced. Was told by dealership that there are 55,000 backlogged. Chrysler can only produce 1,000 a week. Do the math. I will have my Jeep fixed in 55 weeks.

·
Registered
555 Posts
To me it makes sense the part number is different. This does not mean, however, that the parts are not interchangeable.

Only way to know for sure is for someone to order one and try to swap it.

We already know the 2012/2013 version will work and is a workable option since those are still available.

DIY guys can go this route and get back up and running.
The updated part is for 2020+ IIRC. There wasn't any engine changes from the 2019 jls to the 2020 so the parts should be interchangeable. The 2019 jls use the same pn as jks I believe

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
86,663 Posts
2014 Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2L. Oil cooler leaking issue. Needs to be replaced. Was told by dealership that there are 55,000 backlogged. Chrysler can only produce 1,000 a week. Do the math. I will have my Jeep fixed in 55 weeks.
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Sooooo,, you fill it with oil, drive it to a bad part of town and leave the windows down with the keys on the dash. Problem solved. Or,,, you can look for the leak with a road flare.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
There are 3rd-party coolers that Amazon claims will be available soon. How much worse than the FCA crap can they be? Why not slap one of those in, and pick up an OEM one when they become available?

Mark

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2261 - 2280 of 2321 Posts