Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1861 - 1880 of 1910 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Also, is 68105583AF the most current model? I have a 2014 sahara. Im looking around still.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-68105583AF-DODGE-RAM-CHRYSLER-JEEP-Engine-Oil-Filter-Adapter-w-Gaskets/164079853322?epid=515997112&hash=item2633ebdf0a:g:V7gAAOSwzEdeQAOB:sc:USPSPriority!92509!US!-1

I was interested in buying this one but noticed it had black o rings and not the orange ones.

Don't buy a part this much of a PITA on eBay.

Get it from a dealer or online Mopar shop.

It's even cheaper here:
https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-adapter-engine-oil-filter~68105583af.html

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Also, is 68105583AF the most current model? I have a 2014 sahara. Im looking around still.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-68105583AF-DODGE-RAM-CHRYSLER-JEEP-Engine-Oil-Filter-Adapter-w-Gaskets/164079853322?epid=515997112&hash=item2633ebdf0a:g:V7gAAOSwzEdeQAOB:sc:USPSPriority!92509!US!-1

I was interested in buying this one but noticed it had black o rings and not the orange ones.
The oil cooler on my 2015 got replaced last week under warranty they used the AF level.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I replaced the one on my 2014 JK Willys about 2 years ago.

My 2014 JKU Sahara still needs it done. Just purchased one to have on hand....ya never know what supply chain will turn into now that most of China is shut down!!!

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Just saw this thread. should i be worried about this now or just be ready in case something happens? my 2014 jku sport is only at a little under 11K miles. i'm shock with this many people that had this problem and Jeep has not made a recall for this issue yet.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Just saw this thread. should i be worried about this now or just be ready in case something happens? my 2014 jku sport is only at a little under 11K miles. i'm shock with this many people that had this problem and Jeep has not made a recall for this issue yet.
I would just be ready for the inevitable,,
keep an eye on it, with the intentions of catching it early when it does happen.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Thanks for the answer!

In regards to the second part. I have a Jeep Wrangler and I asked because this is a Jeep Wrangler Forum.
You know, when I responded I thought you might take it the wrong way... I meant under the leaking oil housing thread, as opposed to Technical section.

·
Super Moderator
22,455 Posts

Thanks for the answer!

In regards to the second part. I have a Jeep Wrangler and I asked because this is a Jeep Wrangler Forum.
as was stated you posted about an unrelated issue in a long running oil cooler housing thread. Your question would have been better addressed as a new post in the jk general or jk tech section. Not getting on you just pointing it out for future questions that you may have.

·
Registered
439 Posts
as was stated you posted about an unrelated issue in a long running oil cooler housing thread. Your question would have been better addressed as a new post in the jk general or jk tech section. Not getting on you just pointing it out for future questions that you may have.
You know, when I responded I thought you might take it the wrong way... I meant under the leaking oil housing thread, as opposed to Technical section.
As was stated a little humor in the answer is necessary. When I am reading an oil thread and it is a question about an oil plug. (however somewhat further down the chain) it is related Please don't delete message (moderator) this is not an attack...Just stating the obvious to me maybe not to others that there was sarcasm in my answer. I more then appreciate your response and answer about the size.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just paid usd 600 recovering from this issue... trying to figure out what's the difference between belt, tensioner, idler, flange, cooler.

For some reason, I think I paid a lot.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find lots of usefull info here. This thread is about the leaking oil cooler/filter housing. There are many others about everything else.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
47,313 Posts
I just paid usd 600 recovering from this issue... trying to figure out what's the difference between belt, tensioner, idler, flange, cooler.

For some reason, I think I paid a lot.
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
36 Posts
2015 JKUR 54,000 miles.

Cold winter made me lazy and had a shop change my oil. Never had a leak. Roughly 2 weeks after I noticed a few drips on my driveway that have steadily got worse. Does this effect 2015? I have yet to find the source of the leak. Is there a sure way to know if this is it without taking something apart? I notices the majority of posts are for 2014. Is there a write up on how to replace this? Is the correct part # 68105583AF?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Does this effect 2015?
Yes

Is there a sure way to know if this is it without taking something apart?
Yes, there will be oil in the valley next to the oil filter/cooler. The valley can hold a significant amount of oil before it starts to leak down the back of the transmission housing. Simply use a stick of some kind to touch the bottom of the valley between the cylinder banks and if it come out clean you are good. Of course if it is covered in oil then you have a problem

Is there a write up on how to replace this?
There are a few YouTube videos on this. I like the one by Detroit City Mechanic. He does it to a Challenger, but the engine is the same.

Is the correct part # 68105583AF?
Someone here had a 68105583AG version, but it is the only one I have seen. Doing a search seems to return the AF version.

1861 - 1880 of 1910 Posts