Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1901 - 1910 of 1910 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
wife's did same thing apparently there were several revisions of this part as it is plastic. Over time it will crack and leak a lot of oil. I for one backed over a low curb very slow to park on gravel and when I turned around there was a huge puddle. Dealer replaced under warranty. I think there is a tsb on it I'll have to look. Although jeep was still under warranty than.We barely use the jeep as it had around 24000kms on it at the time and as of today I think we have about 36000kms now 6 years later lol. I do almost all the driving in my ram 1500 lol.

·
Registered
174 Posts
So too many post for me to go through, but I just got mine replaced at the dealer for a cracked housing on my 12 JKU Rubicon. Mine however was not leaking oil at any time at all. I had a large coolant leak down the bellhousing and had been mysteriously loosing coolant from the reservoir for some time now. Also had no driver side heat, and thought this was a heater core issue. Replaced the part, and now my heater feels like a volcano again! It was about $1k to fix, but beats their $2500 estimate for the heater core and I got at least 8 years out of mine.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
My dealer says the '14s are a constant flow of failures. O rings. A $1000 + repair for s few O rings. Just what were they thinking??

·
Registered
512 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,455 Posts
I would be very carefull chosing the replacement.
Replacing the leaking OEM with a chinese knock off isnt a good idea.
Ordering 10 pieces x $55 in "original package" and selling on ebay/amazon for $150-200 as "OEM" - easy money.
x1000000 lots of ripoffs out there and this would be a quick way to rip off someone. hopefully alibaba will get shut down.

·
Registered
512 Posts
x1000000 lots of ripoffs out there and this would be a quick way to rip off someone. hopefully alibaba will get shut down.
Totally agree. I can't believe people still buy this crap!

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
If mine were to fail I would buy the replacement at the dealer. It better not say China on it anywhere.

1901 - 1910 of 1910 Posts