Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Great to see your Jeep coming along. I'm with you on phasing the build out. Just got mine a month ago my phase one was also things I needed for everyday like seat covers new stereo system and maybe a few other things! Maybe I'll see you out on the trails.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Great to see your Jeep coming along. I'm with you on phasing the build out. Just got mine a month ago my phase one was also things I needed for everyday like seat covers new stereo system and maybe a few other things! Maybe I'll see you out on the trails.
Thanks! Phase 1 took me about 2.5 years. Lol. Phase 2 will be quicker. Tires are going on this spring so I have to have everything else ready before then.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So I found 1 1/4 inch dishwasher hose that worked perfect for the spare tire isolators. Best of all, it was only $5.12 after tax!

I will just trim the hose down once I put the 35s on. Still need to figure out the brake light though.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So for the 3rd brake light I'm between 2 locations and 2 options for each:

Location 1: Spare tire un-used lugs. I could either buy the kit for 45 bucks or try and make my own for about 15.
Delta Lights (01-6581-50) LUG-NUT-LITE Universal Waterproof LED 3rd Brakes Light for Spare Tire https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BY2OFQS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_D0NQybZSKKJFF

Location 2: extend the factory location. I could either buy an extension for about 20 bucks or make my own.
Rough Country - 1171 - 3rd Brake Light Extension https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FMX5MK2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_3ZNQyb2YWWT3D

Any suggestions?? I thought I was leaning towards the lug location but now I'm thinking to just extend the factory brake light.

·
Registered
‘17 JKU Big Bear
549 Posts
Nice set up you have put together. Love hydro blue. I have a '15 black jk that I couldnt pass up the deal on. But sometimes I see hydros... I just shake my head at how sweet that color looks. Anyway...take a look at Argent's hydro blue build thread. He did a very creative mod for his 3rd brake light. Think he has after market wheels. Definitely not Willys/rubicon wheels. But u might find something to work for you

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Nice set up you have put together. Love hydro blue. I have a '15 black jk that I couldnt pass up the deal on. But sometimes I see hydros... I just shake my head at how sweet that color looks. Anyway...take a look at Argent's hydro blue build thread. He did a very creative mod for his 3rd brake light. Think he has after market wheels. Definitely not Willys/rubicon wheels. But u might find something to work for you
Thanks. I'll take a look. I remember reading through his build thread while waiting to take delivery of mine! I haven't seen his lately though, I'll go check it out.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So I'm going to be trimming my fenders in the next few weeks. I've read a bunch of the threads on it and watched the YouTube video from CPO which was very helpful. I've been trying to figure out what lines to take and I think I finally found it. I forget who's Jeep this is but this is almost exactly what I want to do.

I doubt I'll be able to keep my lines as clean as his so I'll probably end up using the door trim.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I trimmed the fenders yesterday and got the edge trim on today. I might end up rounding the corners but I like the way it looks for now. Once I trim the front bumper I'll decide what to do with the corners.

I mounted the stock marker light but will eventually so it out for an LED.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I put the VDP stubby bumper kit on as well as extended the 3rd brake light.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Now I just have to decide what to do with the front corners of the fenders. Next I'll be triming the Rubicon rock rails and adding Spidertrax wheel spacers then I'm ready for 35s!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I got some used 1.5 inch Spidertrax wheel spacers for a great price and they should be here tomorrow. They only had roughly 5k miles on them. After that, all I need to do is trim the Rubicon rails and then tires go on at the end of this month.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I got the wheel spacers installed yesterday. I'm very happy with them. The stance looks much better, even with just the stock tires

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I'm officially ready for 35s! I got the Rubicon rails trimmed today and that was the last thing I needed. I had to loosen the Ace Engineering Sliders but didn't have to take them all the way out which was nice.

Took 1.5 inches of both sides, then cleaned and painted the bare metal and glued the cap back on.

I think it turned out really good.

My wife got me the bestop under-seat lockbox for the driver's side door Father's day! Got it installed today as well. The only things I did too it was too flip the baseplate over so the welded tab is on the outside (so now the door slides all the way out) and I added a felt piece to the bottom foot to keep it from rattling since I don't have carpet.

And the best part, it matches the Jeep perfectly!

Tires go on at the end of this month.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Good choice in tireyou'll be happy when they go on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the pics! I rarely see the MTPs, they look good in the "wild"!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Game time!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Just got done! I'll post a few more photos when I get home. Teaser shot for now

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Got it home. I asked them to put the tires at 30 psi but they put them at 37. They were at 40 before I got home. I did the chaulk test and here are the results:

32 psi:

30 psi:

28 psi:

Not a huge difference. I'm going to leave them at 28 for now and drive it around and see how it feels. Unless that chalk test looks terrible at 28, if so, let me know!

So far, I love them. There was a loudish hum at 5 mph but that was partly because they are brand new and mostly because they were at 37 psi! Lol I'm going to be driving up to Estes Park to camp over the 4th which is about 1.5 hours from our house so I'll get some road miles in and report back. We are also going to do a couple trails up there which will be fun to see how the tires do.

Spare fits great with the relocation bracket and raising the brake light. I did trim back the rubber hose I'm using as isolators to fit the wider tire.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Old vs new

21 - 40 of 88 Posts