Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
When they rolled mine out I was like holy s*** those are gigantic! But now they look small hahaha I wanna go to 37s next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha I know. I parked next to someone with 37s and I looked over at my wife and without even looking at me she goes "don't even ask" lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
I know the feeling! I "want" bigger tires but with the wife the reality is I'll have to wait until these tires are worn out

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
So far I'm loving the tires. 28psi seems about right. With the 3.6L, 3.73s, 6MT, and 35s the only time I feel the difference is getting into first gear up a hill. Other than that it is great (I probably need to wait for the excitement to wear off to give an unbiased feel) but right now I don't feel the need to regear.

Yesterday I came out and saw another Jeep parked by me. I've never been the "bigger" Jeep before! Haha

It actually looks like he might be getting ready for larger tires. Looks like he lifted it but still on stock tires

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
One thing I was impressed about with the Discount Tire was they checked the torque on my wheel spacers before installing the new tires. I know some tire shops are leery of spacers but this one didn't seem to have a problem.

·
Registered
213 Posts
So far I'm loving the tires. 28psi seems about right. With the 3.6L, 3.73s, 6MT, and 35s the only time I feel the difference is getting into first gear up a hill. Other than that it is great (I probably need to wait for the excitement to wear off to give an unbiased feel) but right now I don't feel the need to regear.

Yesterday I came out and saw another Jeep parked by me. I've never been the "bigger" Jeep before! Haha

It actually looks like he might be getting ready for larger tires. Looks like he lifted it but still on stock tires

I had to re gear I had 3.21s and a 6 speed it was god awful! I'm at 4.56s and it's great now

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I had to re gear I had 3.21s and a 6 speed it was god awful! I'm at 4.56s and it's great now

Yeah, so far it feels fine. The only time I notice it is getting into first. I'm sure down the road I'll end up re gearing, probably to 4.56 as well

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
So camping was a success. Got the Jeep all packed up and drove up to Estes Park. With the relocation bracket and 35s the spare tire still clears the hitch basket.

The Jeep did great with the new tires. I really only feel the power loss getting into 1st. I need to stay on the clutch an extra half second or so. But highway driving was great and 6th gear want as useless as I thought.

We went on Pole Hill Loop while we were up there and the Jeep did great. I don't have any pictures of the more difficult sections but the Jeep and tires made easy work of it. I disconnected the front sway bar for the first time (manually) but didn't air down. We were on a time crunch and I didn't have time to drive back into town to air back up afterwards. Now I know the next 3 things I get (after a procal) are quick disconnects, tire deflator, and an air compressor.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
We drove up through Rocky Mountain National Park before the fireworks on the 4th and saw some elk, bighorn sheep and even 2 moose. The pictures didn't come out great since I just had my phone.

My daughter looking down at the top of the pass

And lastly, our view for the fireworks.

Overall it was a great weekend. We have another camping trip coming up in Grand Lake and another one in Crested Butte.

Reactions: Outdoorzman

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Finally got the Jeep naked again

·
Registered
387 Posts
Looks awesome, have you thought about upgrading your tailgate hinges?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Looks awesome, have you thought about upgrading your tailgate hinges?
Thanks! I'm happy with how it turned out. I like the stance a lot. The only thing I'm not sure I like is the front corners of the front fenders. But that's a little thing. I can change it later if it bugs me.

I will be doing something to support the spare tire in the future. I really want the ARB tire carrier but it's expensive.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/arb-..._Var4=J101453&utm_term={keyword}&XTID=J101453

For now, I just have the spare tire pressed firmly against the rubber isolators to keep it from vibrating and I just make sure not to slam the tailgate closed. It's only 12 lbs heavier than the stock tire so I should be ok for a while.

*Famous last words*

Reactions: XAMfed

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Great thread and nice Jeep! Curious how your leveling kit is working with 35's -- any rubbing?
None so far. I really need to find a ramp to fully test it but I flexed it pretty good last weekend and everything cleared.

Thanks for the kind words!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thanks! I'm happy with how it turned out. I like the stance a lot. The only thing I'm not sure I like is the front corners of the front fenders. But that's a little thing. I can change it later if it bugs me.

I will be doing something to support the spare tire in the future. I really want the ARB tire carrier but it's expensive.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/arb-..._Var4=J101453&utm_term={keyword}&XTID=J101453

For now, I just have the spare tire pressed firmly against the rubber isolators to keep it from vibrating and I just make sure not to slam the tailgate closed. It's only 12 lbs heavier than the stock tire so I should be ok for a while.

*Famous last words*

Have you seen the MORryde hinges? They were designed by @jscherb and are on sale right now. I know I am getting these for mine when I upgrade to 35's

MORryde Jeep JK Wrangler Tailgate Hinges | Retrofit Offroad

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Have you seen the MORryde hinges? They were designed by @jscherb and are on sale right now. I know I am getting these for mine when I upgrade to 35's

MORryde Jeep JK Wrangler Tailgate Hinges | Retrofit Offroad
I had looked into them a few months ago when I was researching hinges/tire carriers. Looks like a great deal. Are you getting just the hinges or the carrier and reinforcement as well? I'd be interested in hearing what you think after you get it.

Thanks for bringing them to my attention again.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I had looked into them a few months ago when I was researching hinges/tire carriers. Looks like a great deal. Are you getting just the hinges or the carrier and reinforcement as well? I'd be interested in hearing what you think after you get it.

Thanks for bringing them to my attention again.

I will probably do all of it or skip out on the reinforment. Not sure yet, but it will be at least 6 months before I can do anything. I will have to do things in stages like you. I ended up killing my play money budget by getting a brand new Rubicon instead of a used one like I was trying to do.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I will probably do all of it or skip out on the reinforment. Not sure yet, but it will be at least 6 months before I can do anything. I will have to do things in stages like you. I ended up killing my play money budget by getting a brand new Rubicon instead of a used one like I was trying to do.
Haha I hear you. The Jeep will be on the back burner for a while while I recoup from the tires.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
So after 2 tanks of gas I'm averaging about 18.5 mpg. The first tank I got 18.1 and that was with driving up to the mountains and 4 wheeling. Normal driving to work and back for a week just yielded 18.8 mpg. Not nearly as bad as I thought!

41 - 60 of 88 Posts