Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I purchased a new 2014 Sahara unlimited, after trading in my 2009. At 104 miles the check engine light goes on. In I go to the dealer the tell a code for weal Fobik , auto start key fob, battery and that I am good to go. At 154 miles the check engine light comes on again. In I go to the dealer , this time they say torque converter. They want to tear it down and look at it. However, the jeep seemed to be driving fine, made no sense to me. Just received a call saying they suspect an on board computer issue and will get back to me.

Of course I just want a new damn Jeep, this is quickly ruining my new Jeep Mojo.

Just looking for some sage advice here, I'm doubtful they will turn around and give me a new one what are my options? how much room do I give them? What's reasonable at this point?

Never in my life have a had this kind of problem with a brand new vehicle.

All help and advice greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Last week I purchased a new 2014 Sahara unlimited, after trading in my 2009. At 104 miles the check engine light goes on. In I go to the dealer the tell a code for weal Fobik , auto start key fob, battery and that I am good to go. At 154 miles the check engine light comes on again. In I go to the dealer , this time they say torque converter. They want to tear it down and look at it. However, the jeep seemed to be driving fine, made no sense to me. Just received a call saying they suspect an on board computer issue and will get back to me. Of course I just want a new damn Jeep, this is quickly ruining my new Jeep Mojo. Just looking for some sage advice here, I'm doubtful they will turn around and give me a new one what are my options? how much room do I give them? What's reasonable at this point? Never in my life have a had this kind of problem with a brand new vehicle. All help and advice greatly appreciated.
Under the lemon law " which would be the only way u can get a new one" it has to be the same problem 3 times so not yet

·
Registered
33 Posts
Stay positive, everything will work out in the end. In a few weeks you will be out playing in the mud and you will not even remember about all of this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They just called it is the TC. Fiddle sticks! I will try to remain positive, this is a dealer I have purchase 3 Jeeps from so I am hoping they will treat me well. I suppose all I can do now is give them a shot at it.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
My commuter car long ago threw some codes. It ran fine but the code was for a cylinder misfire. Dealer looked at it and said it might have been bad gas. Happened again a few thousand miles later. The called and told me they needed to keep it, it might be a head issue. I showed up to get my personal effects out and the head was off and wires and hoses hanging all over the place. They called guys from headquarters in and finally figured out it was a bad head casting.

Long story short, they replaced the head. It had 18k on it then. I put another 80k on it before I sold it and bought my old TJ. They'll fix your Jeep and it will be fine. Things break, parts are occasionally defective. Better to find out know then on the trail, right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts