Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2014 Jeep JK Unlimited with ~56K miles. My wife was leaving the house and it died at the end of our driveway. It cranks but will not start. There are no codes. The battery is ~1 month old and is sitting with 12.4V charge. I've pulled battery terminals for reset, as well as replaced the crank position sensor. I can hear the fuel pump pumping up when key is in on position. While i did "throw" a CPS at it, I am not necessarily wanting to throw more parts at it. Any suggestions on what the culprit my be? Cam position sensors? I checked and the codes on my are not the ones impacted by the TSB. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Spencer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like when the PCM died in my 2014 JKU (about 41k miles). I stopped at a red light, Jeep shut off, and that was it. Cranked but wouldn't start. Fortunately for me, it was still under warranty, because I had just purchased it eight days earlier. Replaced the PCM, and it's been great ever since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Crankshaft sensor. Doesn’t show up on diagnostics. Less than $20 and simple / minutes repair. It’s underneath Jeep not in engine area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 Jeep JK Unlimited with ~56K miles. My wife was leaving the house and it died at the end of our driveway. It cranks but will not start. There are no codes. The battery is ~1 month old and is sitting with 12.4V charge. I've pulled battery terminals for reset, as well as replaced the crank position sensor. I can hear the fuel pump pumping up when key is in on position. While i did "throw" a CPS at it, I am not necessarily wanting to throw more parts at it. Any suggestions on what the culprit my be? Cam position sensors? I checked and the codes on my are not the ones impacted by the TSB. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Spencer

·
Registered
2 Posts

I had a 2013 Rubicon that would just die on the freeway, red lights driveway and then not start for about ten fifteen minutes. After that time it would restart. I would convince the dealer, tow where I live to keep it for as long as they need and test drive it. Take it home.. the dealer would would keep it for a month, put over two hundred miles trying to duplicate gripe and no issues or if they did duplicate it, they would find no codes. I would take it home and die. Dealers (2) replaced four computers, and all kinds of other parts over a two year period or would just say nothing is wrong with the Jeep. Finally; they got the big brains involved (engineers from keep) and they said there were four other jeeps in the US that was doing the same thing. Out of the four jeeps they found it was a cam shift sensor, so they recommended that be changed out. Guess what. Issue went away. A thirty dollars part, and me paying for the $50 dollar diagnoses cost. But after two plus years the issue was solved and never happened again.

Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 2014 JK and mine did the same thing. I had replaced my battery twice within a year before taking it to the dealership. The issue I had was there was a software update that needed to be run. Once they did that it has been completely fine.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Crazy, but my last Jeep did the same thing. It was a 2008 JKUR. I disconnected negative side of the battery, no luck. Messed around and someone said disconnect both terminals, so I did....ran with no issues....

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
If the plug is bone dry you are not getting gas. I had a fuel pump go out on my 2014 JKUR. I would be tempted to open up the air intake and drip some starter fluid or gas in there to see if it kicks. I would bet it does. You might also have a clogged fuel line or filter.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts