Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Its like guys that have a bad experience with a part for their rig and then tell you to never do business with that company ever. When in reality, when you tear into it, the vendor never gets a say in what happened and 100 others on here never had an issue with tat vendor or part. One sided and mroe importantly, they post once, lie above, and never come back.

A 6 year old rig. The OP gives us no sense of what could ahve happened, aftermarket parts, maintenance, etc. Fuel line cracked and spewed? Being in Aussieland with uber high temps and all of the fire issues they have had, rubber and plastic maintenance are imperative.
Plain and simple, it's nothing more than the further pussifiation of society. Pass the buck and convince others to feel sorry for ya. Oh well. 🤷‍♂️

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts
Its like guys that have a bad experience with a part for their rig and then tell you to never do business with that company ever. When in reality, when you tear into it, the vendor never gets a say in what happened and 100 others on here never had an issue with tat vendor or part. One sided and mroe importantly, they post once, lie above, and never come back.

A 6 year old rig. The OP gives us no sense of what could ahve happened, aftermarket parts, maintenance, etc. Fuel line cracked and spewed? Being in Aussieland with uber high temps and all of the fire issues they have had, rubber and plastic maintenance are imperative.
Maybe he can't give you a sense of what happened as he does not know, and came here to see what might have caused it.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,395 Posts
Maybe he can't give you a sense of what happened as he does not know, and came here to see what might have caused it.
There were no questions asked, just point and blame.

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a fuel leak issue on one of my fuel injectors under the throttle body cover in a 2013 JK. It could've started a fire easily with the amount of gas built up. The fuel injector harness had a bad gasket/0-ring. I replaced it and it stopped leaking.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Welcome from Arizona.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'm curious how quickly these things progress. You said 15 minutes from pulling over to ashes, but did it take at least 5 of those minutes to progress from smoke to a raging fire? I need to go back and watch that youtube video of the guy whose Jeep burnt down similarly out in the OR desert, I recall he even tried to use a fire extinguisher but didn't work.

·
Premium Member
2014 JKUR
122 Posts
As a retired firefighter and former fire marshal/investigator I can offer a little info........they progress damn fast! Everything in a vehicle is flammable, and in modern cars (and houses) made of some kind of petroleum byproduct/synthetic something or other (technical jargon, ;-)) From looking at those photos I would believe that it was gasoline fed. I have been on the scene of several car fires, and it is remarkable how fast it happens!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Why are people so angry here? I get some people are old and crotchety but I read the same post and didnt get the sense that the dude was being a pus. Did I miss something?

On a side note, I did just order a fire extinguiser...
You can only gain wisdom by doing time on the planet. I learned really early that listening and respecting my elders was beneficial. The op imo was fishing for an angle to go after fca. Another spilled a hot coffee on his crotch so it must be some one elses fault. If you get so derailed about an incident of this relatively minor magnitude that you can't got to work the next day, you really should be seeking professional medical help. Not posting here.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It all sounds a little suspicious. Just happened to pull over and 15 minutes later it was on fire? And the hood is open? Hmmmmm???
I am glad everyone is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Suspicious or not that is a JK and it has burnt to the ground. I think in all the stories I have seen about JK fires only one listed a cause and that was a brake line issue. The hood was open when the fire was fully ingulfed if you look closely.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
It all sounds a little suspicious. Just happened to pull over and 15 minutes later it was on fire? And the hood is open? Hmmmmm???
I am glad everyone is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fire almost always blows the hood open. Especially om Wranglers.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

21 - 34 of 34 Posts