Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. For about a year, I continually heard a rumbling noise in the transmission area upon my Jeep idling. I took it in to the dealer for them to diagnose it because it was still under warranty. The day I went in, I discovered the noise ceased upon pushing in the clutch. Come to find out it was the throw out bearing. Much to my surprise, Jeep does not cover manual transmissions in their warranty. So, I purchased a Centerforce Duel Friction clutch and plan on changing out the stock clutch with this one. The clutch kit comes with a new flywheel, disc, pressure plate and throw out bearing. I have been doing a lot of research regarding changing this out.

1. Has anyone changed out their stock clutch with the Centerforce Clutch?
2. I've noticed in various other pictures the stock flywheel has notches on it and the centerforce flywheel does not? Will this effect anything?
3. How long was the swap and is there any special hints for changing this out?

·
Registered
669 Posts
what . never ever heard of this...

FCA has to cover the manual trans .. it is part of the drive train..

you were lied to..

I will be calling FCA in the morning .. this cant be right..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the transmission is covered under the 5/100,000....however, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep consider the manual transmission a "wear and tear item" and specifically states "NOTE:MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME." This is in the 2014 All Vehicle Warranty Information Booklet and stated many times throughout the booklet. Page 11, found at the following link.

http://www.jeep.com/crossbrand/warra...p_Warranty.pdf

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
The clutch disc and pressure plate is only covered to 12 months/12k miles. All the other parts are covered. (Experience talking here. Have had almost every part replaced in my trans under warranty, including the TOB 3 times.)

·
Registered
669 Posts
The clutch disc and pressure plate is only covered to 12 months/12k miles. All the other parts are covered. (Experience talking here. Have had almost every part replaced in my trans under warranty, including the TOB 3 times.)
that is how i read the warranty..
the clutch is like the brake pads they are a wear item..
and since the majority of people have no clue how to drive a manual transmission vehicle I cant blame FCA for only a 12 month warranty.
I am waiting until my wears out to put in a nice heavy duty real clutch..

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts