Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to start ordering the parts needed to lift my 2 door 2014 JK and I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Please provide any feedback.

Tires: BF Goodrich Tires - 35x12.50R17, All-Terrain T/A KO2 | 4WheelParts.com

Wheels: Going to go with 17" stock wheels for now

Lift: https://teraflex.com/shop_items/528ffa7fead962f416e72d76

Front Shocks: Rancho RS999329 - Rancho RS9000XL Series Front Shock Absorber for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler JK & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 4" Lift - Quadratec

Rear Shocks: Rancho RS999330 - Rancho RS9000XL Series Rear Shock Absorbers for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler JK & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 4" Lift - Quadratec

I assume I'll need to order 2 of each for the shock absorbers. Let me know what I'm missing! Thank you!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I recently did the same lift to my 14 JK. In addition to your items above I also installed the exhaust spacer kit, grade 8 shouldered bolt kit, and AEV geometry correction brackets.

·
Registered
333 Posts
You're gonna need spacers for the stock wheels. For the price of those Ranchos, I would go for Bilstein or Fox shocks.

·
Registered
516 Posts
You're good with all the noted items above. I would, however, recommend the Rancho correction bracket though. Not that AEV's isn't good, but I like the fact the Rancho one is one piece. That's what i've got on my JK and I love it. I also like my RS9000XL shocks, though the others mentioned are good too.

You will most certainly need the exhaust spacer with the length of shocks you are going with, and you might also consider spring retainers so they don't pop out at full droop.

·
Registered
910 Posts
A friend just had this installed a couple of days ago. You might want to think about adding an adjustable front track bar to the list. It pushes the axle out between 1/2 - 3/4". But if you don't have ocd, you can add later down the road. lol

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'm about to start ordering the parts needed to lift my 2 door 2014 JK and I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Please provide any feedback. Tires: BF Goodrich Tires - 35x12.50R17, All-Terrain T/A KO2 | 4WheelParts.com Wheels: Going to go with 17" stock wheels for now Lift: https://teraflex.com/shop_items/528ffa7fead962f416e72d76 Front Shocks: Rancho RS999329 - Rancho RS9000XL Series Front Shock Absorber for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler JK & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 4" Lift - Quadratec Rear Shocks: Rancho RS999330 - Rancho RS9000XL Series Rear Shock Absorbers for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler JK & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 4" Lift - Quadratec I assume I'll need to order 2 of each for the shock absorbers. Let me know what I'm missing! Thank you!
I'm pretty sure rancho has a sale in March for the shocks if you can wait

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have run rancho 9000's and 5000x's on a 2.5" lift. Both are great options.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I might add that my front axle looks pretty well centered, but my rear axle is off to the drivers side by about 1/2". If I can't stand looking at it I may get an adjustable rear track bar. Also, you will want to do something about the front swaybar disconnects if you expect to use all that shock travel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts