Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2014 Sahara 2 Door. I've seen conflicting pieces of information about what came "standard" on the 14' Sahara as far as the stereo system. Bear with me, while I describe what I've got in total simpleton speak:

I have the bluetooth/usb/xm package but the old monochrome looking head unit (unfortunately) Black with Green lettering. Not the nifty touch large screen interface.

It has the 2 45 degree facing dash tweeters, as well as a built in sub and upgrades speaker system on the rear bar.

Here are the questions I had:
Does anyone know what the exact speaker sizes are throughout the entire cabin? (front dash/rear bar)??

Should I focus on swapping out to an upgraded (or OEM) head unit from the newer touch interface models?

It sounds pretty good for a stock system, but basically what I'm after is a more robust system, clean highs, good midrange and ideally a really well made heavy enclosure with a sub that in a perfect world would be a retrofit in the existing space without any crazy modifications. As stated, it sounds good, but I want it louder, and I want it to be a clean sound, with good punch/bass, optimally contained within a dense sub enclosure (not interested in having my car shake at intersections to get looks like I'm 16)

I assume the head unit like any stock unit probably is massively underpowered to the speakers, so I'm not sure if that's where I need to start? Or just keep that in place and power the speakers with an additional amp.

As you can see I really am not sure lol, at this point I'm looking for the factory specs for the system I have described above, and hopefully perhaps your experience with what sounds good (brand of speakers for the jeep, etc)

My budget is 1000.00 or so. Just trying to get a lil more bang for my buck but not turn it into a hoopty wagon.

Thanks guys

Appreciate you in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have been replacing my alpine speaker system 1 and 2 speakers at a time. I know the sound bar is 6.5's rounds, and the sub is a 8" and the tweets are 1" tweets. I cannot figure out the size of the speakers under my shins. I think they are 6.5 oval but not sure. Did you find out? Im stuck on the dash speakers and havent opened that part of the das h up

1 - 2 of 2 Posts