Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't always happen, but there are some places I can expect it to if I'm a little too happy with my driving. Accelerating onto the highway with the pedal floored, as soon as I hit my desired speed and back off the gas, BING! Limp mode and check engine light. If I take a turn really fast, and there's a high amount of G-force, as soon as I straighten out, BING! Limp mode. The code is for the oil pressure sender. I've checked the oil, and it's topped off. The oil pressure digital readout never drops. I did notice a slight oil leak coming from the right side of the motor, at the front. It's not from the oil filter housing, that area is clean and dry. (That part was already replaced under warranty)

So, what's going on here? Is it a problem with using 0w30 oil? Is it a bad oil pressure sensor? Is it a poor sump design? Am I really losing oil pressure for an instant?

Charles.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I would start with the code and replace the oil pressure sensor. They have been known to cause problems. Using 0W30 shouldn't cause it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts