Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks! I was reading other posts about this issue, and saw the gas tank explination. That made total sense. however, even when my tank is on "E" i can still see it. So, i put a 4' level on the back bumper and its about 1 1/4" of level to the right. It drives me crazy to look at it. Being a mason now. I ALWAYS spot things that are out of plumb or off level (dont get me started about the window and door trims around my house馃が). Should i have the dealership look it over or is it really a non issue?

Registered
Non issue and welcome to the forum.

Premium Member
Howdy folks! I was reading other posts about this issue, and saw the gas tank explination. That made total sense. however, even when my tank is on "E" i can still see it. So, i put a 4' level on the back bumper and its about 1 1/4" of level to the right. It drives me crazy to look at it. Being a mason now. I ALWAYS spot things that are out of plumb or off level (dont get me started about the window and door trims around my house馃が). Should i have the dealership look it over or is it really a non issue?
Do you have any lift on it or is it stock? If stock i'd worry about it after whatever spring lift you decide on. Either way once you have the ride height you desire you can put spring spacers (1/2", 3/4" or whatever) to lift the low side.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the welcome. There seems to be a great deal of knowlege on this site. I should have joined alot sooner.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All suspension is still stock. My jeep is a work in progress. A little at a time. Except, i do have 2" spacers because I went to a larger tire on the stock rims. But, it was doing the lean before that also.

Retired Moderator
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

Registered
Advice is to not look at it. Almost all of them lean. My current one doesn't and I'm hoping it never does.

Registered
I got the wife a '15 JKUR that was a mfg buyback for "leaning on the right". Thought it was a gaffe reason to placate a complaining customer and I have never noticed anything amiss. Got a great price on it because of the branded title. Does remind me of a story that the instructor told us in a college elective I took called "Auto Chassis Dynamics" in which a customer had come into his shop complaining that his Caprice pulled to the left. They reset the caster to compensate for road crown and sent him on his way. He returned to the shop to complain that it was still pulling abd he had his wife with him in the car. They asked him into the office, closed the door and told him that the car could be setup to go down the road straight with her or without her......

Registered
My '17 leans also. Whenever we go camping, I load all the heavy stuff on the driver's side. That seems to help. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts